Monday, February 20, 2023

Currently...

It's 9:30 on Monday evening and rain is falling steadily. The temperature is around 40* and will stay there through the night. I will be heading to bed soon thanks to construction at work that is limiting the already tight parking situation. The sad fact is that for the next 3 weeks (the estimated length of the construction) I will have to arrive at work at least an hour early just to get a parking space. 

On the television...at the moment it's History's Greatest Mysteries on the History Channel. In general I've been jumping all over the place lately and watching a wide variety of things. I watched a really cute rom-com on Netflix Friday. It's called Your Place or Mine and stars Reese Witherspoon and Ashton Kutcher. I also binge watched Disney+'s new series National Treasure. It's based on the movies and the actors from those drop in, but it's a whole new younger cast. It was pretty good.

Reading...a variety of things. I just finished Ten Words to Live By by Jen Wilkins. It's a deep and thought provoking look at what is required to really live by the ten commandments. Today I started reading a funny cozy mystery, Muletrain to Maggody by Joan Hess.

Feeling thankful...about getting a lot of things lined up to be taken care of in the near future. We bought a new pool liner and got on the list to have it installed. We also got on the list to have the huge, messy tree that overshadows the pool cut down...hopefully before the new liner goes in.

Loving...my job. Things have settled into a nice groove since I was last on the blog. A rather contentious young woman left and dynamics have shifted so that I've found my place. I'm feeling confident and everyone looks to me as the craft lady. Can you imagine? Me, the uncraftiest person on earth is the craft lady! 

I do still have to struggle through one day a week on the manufacturing floor, but I've been trying all kinds of things to manage the pain. All manner of shoes, braces, inserts, etc. Recently my pcp told me it was okay to take 2 Aleve tablets twice a day when the pain is at its worst. That is helping a lot.

Of course there are the individuals I work with, as well. They are so sweet and dear. I love them all...even the annoying ones. Ha! It really is a great feeling when you find a way to get something across to them, connect with them, or make their lives better in some way.

Hopeful...our son-in-law can transition easily into the new job he accepted today. I believe the official start date is March 6. It sounds like it will be a lot better for him financially and hopefully his stress will let up (he totally hates his current job).

Looking forward to...summer. These mild days have me yearning for summer and time outside. We'll have a great spot to enjoy it, too. Besides the work on the pool and cutting down the tree, Tim plans to take the deck off the end of the house, pour a concrete pad and put a roof over it. When finished it will be a rather large outdoor space to enjoy.

Feeling...totally content and happy.

6 comments:

  1. This sounds like a wonderful state of mind and place for you, and I am happy to hear it. I haven't seen much of you lately...either I've been missing seeing your posts, or you haven't been writing many? Maybe I should go back and check. I've been a bit hit and miss lately myself. I am happy that you are enjoying your job more and more. That's a blessing. The new outdoor space sounds wonderful and I know you will enjoy it when it is done. Hopefully you will have a nice warm summer to enjoy the pool and patio, etc. I will be praying for your SIL's new job to work out well for him. Sounds like an answer to prayer already. Have a wonderful week, and God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad things are working out in your job and also getting things lined up that need to be done. It sounds like your yard is going to be a great place to spend this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading you say you are "totally content and happy" makes me happy! Love your background too. It has been weird weather up here. It honestly feels more like late March. Have a cozy evening, and a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stacy. I am so glad that you like your job and that you are feeling content and happy. It's also good that your son-in-law got a new job. I hope that he likes it better. We have waiting for a major snowstorm that will make the roads a mess tonight and tomorrow. It will probably be coming your way in a few days. Glad your week is going well. I am glad you are back in blog land. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you, Stacy! You have such a great attitude and I think you are inspiring others with it! Loved my visit here with you tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad your job is pleasant. That makes all the difference in the world.
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

The weather is 70 degrees at 8:54 p.m. and the threat of thunderstorms hangs over us. This week is not as hot as last week, but even cooler ...