Thursday, February 23, 2023

Thankful Thursday

Life doesn't always afford me time to blog as I'd like these days, but better late than never when it comes to showing some gratitude for God's blessings.

Today I am thankful...

** for a sunny, 73 degree day in February. It was a beautiful taste of the Spring to come.

** for dinner after work with a coworker. She is vision impaired, doesn't drive, and her husband is recovering from surgery for bladder cancer so I've been giving her a ride home 3-5 times a week since before Christmas. It really isn't out of my way at all so I've refused her offers of gas money. I know she and her husband need every penny right now. She got her tax refund this week and insisted that if I wouldn't take money we were going out to eat, her treat. So today we did just that and had a fun time.

** Tractor Supply didn't give me a hassle about taking back the pants Tim bought a couple of days ago. The tag said one size, but the pants were another. The receipt had been thrown out. I wanted to exchange them for the right size, but they didn't have them. They gave me a gift card because of not having the receipt, but that's okay.

** I am staying healthy as sickness rips through my workplace. I know some of those who are out have Covid. I suspect others do and those who were sick before it got really bad, probably did have it. Since I had it last summer my doctor says I should still have some immunity. It would seem so as I work rather closely with some who are out.

** the crafts I choose for each day at work continue to be popular with those I work with and to please my supervisor. Yesterday's craft inspired him to give me a hug, tell me he loved having me in his department, and he won't ever let them take me away.

(Yeah, hugs from a boss might seem a little odd, but that's the kind of place I work in. Everybody's always hugging someone.)

** a shiny, new laptop. I'm still riding on that high. I can't get over how FAST it is. I hit the power button and it's up and ready in, like, 5 seconds. I click on MS Edge and, BAM!, it's instantly open. I had no idea how bad the old laptop had been for months and months before it finally died.

** our daughter's workplace is going to allow her to drop back to a casual employee so she can keep working. Her husband's new job will have him working swing shifts. Being casual is the only thing that will accommodate that and it should actually work out better for her as she will make more money per hour and can chose to accept hours or not.

** my Poodle, Daisy, continues to be healthy. She will be 11 on April 1st. The last two dogs we had left us at ages 10 and 11, so I can't help but worry just a bit. She is the one Tim does not particularly like so I tell him that means she is the one that will live to a ripe old age just to spite him.

** getting to work earlier than I can punch in pays off. Others get there early, too, but sit in their cars until it's time to start. I like getting in there early and getting things lined up and ready before the consumers start arriving. This week with the woman who is usually there to greet them and set things up out with Covid, the boss has told me to punch in early so I can help out. Sweet! And it probably doesn't hurt her impression of me to see me there and willing to work.

** Lenten fish fries are back! Yum. I know what is for supper tomorrow...and every Friday through Lent.

** and of course, I am thankful for all of you and the warm, welcome back you've given me! 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy. So glad that you are staying healthy and enjoying your job. You have lots to be thankful for this week. I am thankful that you are back in blogland. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thankful again today for being healthy. We heard of several more sick today. Not all covid, but some are. Thank you the warm welcome back!

      Delete
  2. Hi Stacy, nice to see you blogging again! I remember when I got a new hard drive and how fast my computer went. It has slowed down, but I am not surprised since I have so many pictures and graphics on it. 73? Wow, we will be in the 5's with rain and the snow level in the mountains has gone down. I sure hope we can have a snow day this year. Looks like all is doing well with your family and work. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your workplace just sounds so wonderful for you. We reached the 70's yesterday too, but it's pretty cold again today. Our pup is 10 too, but sure doesn't act like it. I hope yours and mine stick around for a long time yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's cold again here, too, Cathy. Boo! At least the sun is shining and the wind has stopped blowing. I'm with you, I hope our pups stick around a good long time.

      Delete
  4. Hello! So happy to see you here! And yes. Lenten fish frys are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you are enjoying your job and that it is really working out well for you. Happy you got the new laptop. You mentioned the MS Edge. Do you like it? My hubby got a new laptop recently and he says that Edge keeps popping up all the time when he doesn't want it. He prefers google. Maybe he should go ahead and try the edge and see how it works? It's good to hear from you. Please take care and stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...