Sunday, February 19, 2023

I'm Back!

It's been a little over a month since I last posted here on the blog. My laptop had been limping along for a while before that and it finally rolled over and died. I had been taking my time looking for a new one, knowing that eventually I'd find one that met my needs and didn't break the bank. Thanks to a "Special Buy" found at Walmart this weekend (actually found at our store yesterday, but they were out so we drove to another one today) I'm back in business!

I've missed everyone!

To get back in the swing of things, here's Sunday Stealing.

1. What is the best thing about your birthday?  We don't usually make a big fuss over adult birthdays in our family so I guess I'd say spending time with family over a meal.

2. What is your favorite thing to do for your birthday?  If not having a cookout or going out to dinner with family then getting to spend the day browsing in antique shops.

3. What’s one thing you learned in the past year?  That I have a lot more arthritis in a lot more places that I realized...and I seem to be pretty susceptible to inflammatory foods. In response, I need to overhaul our diet and cut way down on carbs. Not that easy...we live in western PA and carbs are pretty much the native diet. It needs to be a major lifestyle change because I am tired of the pain.

4. What do you wish for in the next year?  Less pain, more financial stability, and more fun.

5. What’s the best thing about turning a year older?  I guess it would be that every year I am more comfortable in my own skin and that I gain more wisdom as I age. Too bad we can't have that when we're younger.

6. What was the most fun thing you did in the last year?  Just hanging out with the grandkids a lot. I wasn't working so finances were not there to go and do that much and I had covid in July and several viruses later in the year.

7. If you could understand any animal, which would it be?  Dogs. I'm a dog person and I've always had dogs. I understand them fairly well, but it would be cool to be a "dog whisperer" and really know what's on their minds.

8. What is something that used to be hard, but is now easy?  Saying "no" to things when I am already overburdened or just don't want to do a thing. I've learned I don't have to say yes to every request to be a nice person.

9. If you could only keep one thing in your room, what would it be?  I'm assuming we're talking about the room I'm currently in and that we aren't talking about living things, so the husband and dog are safe. Today I'd say the one thing would be my new laptop. 

10. Which person makes you laugh the most? Why?  One of my coworkers. He is so ridiculously funny and any time I get to work with him I end up laughing till I can't breathe.

11. If you could go back in time, when and where would you go?  I'd go back to my childhood, but only before jr. high. Life got tricky after that, but my earlier years were about as perfect as I can imagine anyone's childhood being. I felt loved, safe, secure, and had wonderful adventures with my grandmother and in the wildlife preserve we lived in.

12. If you were to bury a secret treasure, where would you bury it?  We'll be getting a new pool liner soon so maybe before the new one goes in I'd put it under the pool...unless I thought I'd need to access it any time soon.

13. What is your favorite memory?  Our wedding and reception. I loved having all my family together in one place and it wasn't long after that we started to lose some of them.

14. How have you helped others lately?  I help others every day in my job. I work with individuals who are blind, deaf, or have intellectual disabilities...some have more than one of those challenges and some also have physical disabilities. I'm also a helper at church and in my role in the family. I'm always helping our daughter out with the grandkids or helping the grandkids with something. Today I helped my mom with a computer problem.

15. If you had to repeat a day over & over, how you'd want it to go?  It would be beautiful...sunny, warm but not hot or humid, it would be filled with time spent with family and friends...maybe a cookout or day at the beach. Something like that.


11 comments:

  1. I'm very glad you're back online! Hope you enjoy the new laptop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been checking in on the weekends here and I am so happy you are back. Yeppppppp on #3 &4...we gotta be twins from another mother, LOL. This is why I am going in for an overhaul on Wed. and then, I will have to head to the dentist --in a month or two--and I don't like dentists, but since I am going in for a overhaul, I might as well give in...sigh. Have a beautiful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are back! I missed you. #15...that sounds wonderful and at a vacation spot would be amazing! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend and welcome back. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back to Blogland! We missed you! Don't worry, I won't tell Jasper that you're a dog person. (How is he, anyway?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saying "no" is a popular response. I had to finally do that this year. I love your job description!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stacy! I am glad that you are back. It was fun to read your answers to the questions. I'm glad that you were able to find a good deal on a new laptop. Have a great week and I will see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Missed "seeing" you. So glad you got a new computer and are back with us. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with the saying no part; I'm better about it but my husband isn't. We have a lot of little trips planned and something came up and I had to convince him we simply can't add it in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stacy, it's so good to 'see' you back in Blogland! I totally agree about #'s 7 and 8. Your job sounds like a dream; so glad you didn't settle for something that just wasn't a good fit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, now I know why I haven't been seeing you here. I came back to look at when you had posted last after the post for today. Glad you finally got the new computer and you can be back among the "living" here in blogland!! I enjoyed your answers above. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amen to your answer on #8!! I am not posting much while my friends are here visiting but I'm trying to keep up here and there. Nice to see you back again and I enjoyed my visit!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...