Thursday, March 2, 2023

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday...that means it's time to show a bit of gratitude for some of life's many blessings. 

This week finds me thankful...

** The thought over there on the left is true. One of the surest ways to be happy is to look for the good things in life and be thankful for them. It's simple. Focus on the good things and be happy or focus on the garbage and be sad, anxious, stressed, etc. It's a choice you can make every day.

** Yesterday was absolutely beautiful for the first day of March. It was sunny and 70 degrees.

** Our son-in-law has a good bit of vacation time saved up so he's able to take it this month and go ahead and start his new job.

** Our daughter has officially switched to being casual at her job...meaning she has no regular shift and can accept or decline open shifts as they fit with her husband's new swing shift schedule.

** The church's GO Committee (outreach) had a productive meeting last night. So many great ideas and some great events coming up in the next few months.

** My ankle, which I could barely put weight on after work Tuesday, is doing better. I'm still going to have to see the podiatrist at some point, but at least I can walk.

** Our daughter's family is going away this weekend and my husband is going to work Saturday and Sunday. I will have all weekend to finally catch up on laundry and cleaning. Trust me, that's a very good thing!

** Some of my coworkers and I ordered Chinese in for lunch at work yesterday. I love working in a place where things like that are possible. And the food was yummy. And I had enough left over for a quick supper before the church meeting.

** Pinterest and the unlimited craft ideas to use at work.

** One of the consumers (client) at work met the daughter she gave up nearly 30 years ago for the first time this past weekend. Her excitement just tickles me. Her daughter is being so nice to her and not treating her poorly because she has intellectual disabilities. She has allowed her to meet her granddaughters (who are just as cute as can be!) and son-in-law and shared about her life. It is just the most heartwarming thing and I am so glad it happened for her.

** Of course, for all of you!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy. So glad you had a good week with so many positives. I hope your weekend is a good and as productive as you are hoping it will be. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is indeed so much to be thankful for. I try to thank Jesus for them every day. I enjoyed your list of Thank You's. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lot of good things for your son-in-law and your daughter. Hope you can get some help for your ankle. We had a beautiful day here yesterday too and today's not to shabby either. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful list of thankfulness! I love that story about the family being reunited after 30 years...that is really wonderful. I am happy for your daughter and hubby to have better job situations, etc., and also that you have a weekend to yourself to get some things done. Enjoy, but don't overdo it! I hope your foot is better soon. I've been having some ingrown toenail issues, and I can relate to foot issues. Very painful! I probably should go to a podiatrist too. Or get some new shoes. LOL. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last item is especially touching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your ankle is doing better!
    So glad you are finding great things to be grateful for at your job!
    Pinterest... what did we do years ago without it???

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Stealing

I'm still taking a break from blogging (and enjoying it). I still haven't decided what I'm going to do in the end, but I'm c...