Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Four Questions About Reading & Currently...

From the Tuesday 4, these questions about reading and books.

1. Did any book, besides the Bible, have an impact on your life or beliefs?  I have read so many books over a lifetime that I'm sure have shaped my thinking, but I can't think of any one standout...other than the Bible. When I was young the books that probably shaped me were more liberal in content and as I've aged they've become more conservative.

2. What books influenced you as a young person?  I loved the Trixie Beldon, Nancy Drew, and Hardy Boys series. The young people in them were so sophisticated compared to anyone I knew in real life. I also adored all things horsey so I read all of The Black Stallion series and all of Marguerite Henry's horse books, Misty of Chincoteague being my most favorite and the one that inspired a lifelong love of Chincoteague and Assateague Islands and the wild ponies.

3. Do you continue educating yourself by reading books or listening to podcasts or lectures?  Yes, to all of them. I read books to learn (though not as often as for entertainment) and I listen to podcasts and lectures. One of my favorite streaming services is Wondrium which features full-length, multi-session, college level lectures on a wide variety of topics.

4. Have you ever sat in a coffee shop/restaurant/cafe reading a book? What is your preferred place to read?  I used to do that all the time when I went to Barnes and Nobel on a regular basis. They had a Starbucks in-house and you could take a stack of books to look at while you had coffee or tea. At home I usually read while sitting in my recliner or at the kitchen table.

Moving on.

Currently, I am...

...sitting in the above mentioned recliner with my feet up because my knee is hurting a good bit today.

...listening to The Five on FOX.

...waiting for Tim to come in because we are in the mood for grilled cheese sandwiches and I can't make those ahead of time.

...reading A Murder Like No Author by Amy Lillard. It's book 3 in the Main Street Book Club Mysteries.

...loving our new TV. We'd been having problems with ROKU staying connected for several weeks. We tried replacing it with a new box but same story. It finally got so bad that nothing would stay connected for more than a few seconds. I did some digging and found that if your TV is too old then ROKU might stop working and if you can't connect for long enough then your streaming services could possibly stop sending you a signal. I finally told Tim we needed to consider a new TV even though the picture quality and everything on the old one was still good. So, off to Walmart we went where we found a 70" for a very good price. It's HUGE in our little living room so it's like sitting right in the action!

...feeling happy.

...thinking about my mom getting older. She's had a couple of trips to the ER recently...they didn't find anything either time, just sent her home and told her to follow up with her doctor. She has always enjoyed good health and the idea of her getting older and frailer has never really been a concern before.

...grateful for all that we have been blessed with. So often in talking with my co-workers I realize how much I truly have.

...looking forward to going to Erie for the reunion with my biological father's family. If I didn't mention it, my boss gave me that Friday off so I have a 3-day weekend. It will give us time at the reunion and some time at the beach with Colton and Leah. Woot!

...the weather is sunny and a comfortable 81 degrees. A little more heat is coming tomorrow and the humidity will rise some, too. Lots of thunderstorms in this week's forecast.

...giggling at










 



I hope you're enjoying your week. Tomorrow is over the hump!

4 comments:

  1. I loved reading your answers, Stacy! Sorry your knee is bothering you but glad you can sit in your recliner and relax it. I am also so happy you got your long weekend coming up!! We are both blessed, for sure! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy. I would answer most of the questions in pretty much the same way you did. The older I get, the more conservative I am becoming. I hope you have a really great time at the family reunion. So glad you got the Friday off. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stress diet sounds about right...lol. Hope you have a great time at the reunion. Have a great day Stacy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your post so much. Love the funnies at the end, esp. the diet. LOL. I am so happy you can go to the family reunion. I hope it is fun and also fulfilling in a lot of ways for you. I am sorry to hear your knee is bothering you. Hope you can relax and be ready for your little trip, Your weather sounds nice. We don't see 81 degrees much after 9:00 a.m....it just goes up from there these days. But it's summer in Florida, so what do I expect? LOL. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

The weather is 70 degrees at 8:54 p.m. and the threat of thunderstorms hangs over us. This week is not as hot as last week, but even cooler ...