Friday, July 14, 2023

Saturday 9: Touch Me in the Morning

Saturday 9: Touch Me in the Morning (1973)


Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Diana Ross sings that nothing good lasts forever. Do you agree?  I guess so, in that I believe NOTHING lasts forever in this life, good or bad.

2) She sings about a happy past with her lover, and the strength she'll need to face tomorrow alone. Do you find yourself more often remembering the past or anticipating the future?  I think it's probably an equal amount of each one. I'm a bit of a dreamer by nature and, also, as I get older I find that I do more and more remembering.

3) In the 1970s, Diana Ross had young daughters. To spend maximum time with her girls, she would sleep all day when they were in school. That way she c
ould have dinner with them, bathe them and put them to bed before going to the studio and recording all night. Have you ever worked the night shift?  When Tim and I met I was working a factory job that required me to work a swing shift of a week on daylight followed by a week on afternoon shift. No midnight shift, however.

4) Diana has five children altogether. There's a 16-year age difference between her oldest daughter, Rhonda, and her youngest son, Evan. Studies have shown that when there's a big gap between siblings, parents consider the older kids "built-in babysitters." In your family, were the older kids ever in charge of the younger ones?  I'm an only child so that wasn't an issue. Tim grew up as the middle child of seven. He's never said, but from things his sisters and mother used to tell me...that's not how things were in his family, either.

5) She says her favorite sweet treat is Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookies. Do you have a favorite cookie?  Nestle Toll House Cookies!

6) Around the time she recorded this song, Diana Ross considered making a movie called The Bodyguard. She was to play a singer who received death threats, and Steve McQueen would portray the man hired to protect her. Scheduling conflicts prevented the movie from being made. It wasn't filmed until 1992, and then with different stars. Without looking it up, can you name stars of The Bodyguard?
  Whitney Houston and Kevin Costner?

7) In 1973, when this song was #1, Norman Mailer was atop the best-seller list with his controversial biography of Marilyn Monroe. Do you often read biographies and memoirs?
  I read a few, but I definitley prefer a good mystery over everything else.

8) Also in 1973, another Motown singer, Stevie Wonder, was injured in an automobile crash and still has a scar on his nose to show for it. Have you ever been in a car accident?  I've been in a few, but none in which I was injured.

9) Random Question: What's the last thing you borrowed or lent?  I don't remember what it was, but I'm almost 100 percent sure it was something lent to our daughter. She tends to view everything we own as borrow-able.                        

That's all for this week kids.

Say thanks to Crazy Sam for the music and questions!

You can play along here.

9 comments:

  1. I love "cozy mysteries," too. I use them as sorbet to cleanse my palate after reading heavier books. Your daughter sounds like my mom! To the day she died she maintained that, "what's mine is yours," when perhaps she meant, "what's yours is mine." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good questions today and I enjoyed your answers. I agree with you on a good mystery. Kevin and Whitney are the correct answers. That movie is a favorite. Wishing you a good weekend, Stacy!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like cozy mysteries. Not gore. Patricia Cornwell, for example, is beyond me as I can't do the gore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummmmmmmmmmmmm Nestle Tollhouse cookies, grin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky daughter!
    I have 6 children. If they all borrowed not much would be left. LOL!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. #7 Biographies are not my “cup of tea”
    #8 All my accidents were just “Fender benders”

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nestle's Toll House cookies are THE BEST!
    I love mysteries, they are the majority of what I do read, and the rest is biography or the war history or political hisstory - typo intentional. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

The weather is 70 degrees at 8:54 p.m. and the threat of thunderstorms hangs over us. This week is not as hot as last week, but even cooler ...