Thursday, July 13, 2023

Thankful Thursday

This week finds me thankful...

** I received my signed approval for the day I requested off to go to my biological father's family reunion and meet some more of my family.

** that while my knee still "twinges" now and then, but it's definitely on the road to getting better.

** the big storm that was headed our way earlier went around us.

** I found out that I can wear my Vionic flip-flops to work when I am not in the manufacturing/shredding department. They are literally the only shoes I've found that do it all...support my flat feet, correct over-pronation, and they don't squeeze (and therefore hurt) the spots with arthritis. I wish Vionic would make a clog type of shoe that has the same molded, hard, rubber sole so I could wear them all the time.

** the pool water has finally warmed up and stayed at a comfortable 84 degrees. The pool is getting lots of use now that summer has finally turned up the heat.


** a friend joined me this past Saturday for the monthly women's summer session. We enjoyed breakfast, a taped interview with Kay Arthur, and some great conversation and fellowship with the other ladies.

** I made it to work on time this morning even though I either slept through the alarm long enough that it shut off or it just never went off. I don't know which it was. I use my phone alarm and it is set to automatically go off at the same time Monday thru Friday. Everything looked okay, so here's hoping all goes well tomorrow morning.

** as usual, for my relationship with the Lord, my family and friends, and all of you (who are friends even though we haven't met face to face...yet).

5 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy. So glad you had a good week. The pool looks so great. So glad the whole family is enjoying it. I'm also glad that you were able to get off for the family reunion. Amen to your last item. I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to see such a happy post! I can't wear flip flops because I simply cannot abide the rubbing between my big and second toes, so I wear Birkenstocks (specifically Arizonas). They work for my hideously flat feet and comfort my bunions and support my spur-prone heels. I look at that blue pool and want to dive in. Glad you're looking forward to meeting more of your relatives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good week and good things to be thankful for. Love seeing the pool in use finally! I am sure your little kiddos are loving it. So happy you can go to your family reunion. I know that will be a very special time for you all. Take care and stay "cool".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so many great memories of kids in our pool!! It's a great thing!! I need to look at those Vionics. I don't have flat feet but I do have problem feet. It makes me so happy for you that you get that day off so you can attend the reunion. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just looked at the Vionics. Did you know they have orthopedic inserts you can use in other shoes?

      Delete

Currently...

The weather is 70 degrees at 8:54 p.m. and the threat of thunderstorms hangs over us. This week is not as hot as last week, but even cooler ...