Sunday, July 30, 2023

Sunday Stealing



Stolen from SwapBot. If you enjoy the questions, you can play along here.


1. Does love come from the brain, the heart or elsewhere? Well, the heart is nothing but a big muscle. It has no feelings and doesn't think, so I think we'll have to go with the brain. I've also learned over the years that real love, the unconditional kind, is not the emotional, lovey-dovey, stuff we've been told in books, movies, and television is what we need to have. Real love is a decision. A decision that has to be recommitted to often, even daily. That's the love that sticks around through the hard stuff and lasts.

2. Have you ever given a shot?  Yes, to myself and also a few times to my dad during his battle with cancer.

3. Can you lick your elbow? (Come on, didja try?)  Not on the outside of the elbow, but it is possible (without having a Gene Simmons-like tongue) to like the inside of your elbow, the "elbow pit," if you will. And yes, I have tried in the past.

4. If I was going to be talking to you for 10 minutes, what would be something really interesting you know a little bit about but would like to know more??  Anything about history. I love history! I'm also always up for learning more about Scripture.

5. What do you think of the Sopranos?  I've never watched the show. I did, however, have a client who made me go see the prequel movie a couple of years ago. I wasn't a fan of that.

6. Have you ever had a crush on your teacher?  I had a crush on my homeroom teacher in high school. He was young and an Italian hottie. Half the girls in school had a crush on him. How about your boss? Nope.

7. Have you ever seen a movie in 3D?  Several. It's fun to do once in a while, but not something I want to see every movie in. We had a TV that could show 3D movies, but we couldn't ever get it to work right. We never did find out what we were doing wrong.

8. How difficult do you think it is for immigrants to come into your country?  Legally, there's some effort involved. Hoops to jump through and all that, but I'm sure it's physically a little easier. Illegally...I don't think that's terribly hard once you actually get here.

9. Do you have what it takes to go live in another country, maybe for years, where you don't speak the language as your first language?  I don't want to have to test the theory, but I think I could probably survive.

10. Have you ever died in your dreams?  No.

11. What book should our political leaders read and why?  The Holy Bible. A lot of people don't realize it, but all those rules God gave Moses contain a lot of wisdom about how to live together. God wanted His people to be different from everyone else and He gave guidelines. The later part of the book teaches us how to love and live in this world.

12. What is your favorite glass object?  I've wracked my brain....I don't think I have one.

13. Do you like to window shop?  Not really. If I'm going to shop, I want to go in, handle things, know I may buy if I like what I see.

14. Are you more likely to buy one really nice expensive outfit or a couple of cheap outfits?  Probably the cheaper outfits...unless I really, really love the expensive one.

15. If you could, would you wear everything once, throw it out and buy something new?  No. That's wasteful and I am not particularly wasteful.

6 comments:

  1. Did you have to wear glasses to watch your 3D TV set?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine enjoying a prequel to a series I had never watched.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grinning. Thanks Stacy for the many smiles. Have a great week, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good answer to #1!! I agree about the Bible in #11. Have a blessed week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To me love is more than a decision. But when that special feeling is there it has more chance to survive when it's a decision of commitment each day.

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

The weather is 70 degrees at 8:54 p.m. and the threat of thunderstorms hangs over us. This week is not as hot as last week, but even cooler ...