Saturday, August 19, 2023

Sunday Stealing: Name Your Favorite


Stolen from Ned the Duck

Name Your Favorite…

    Place:  Chincoteague Island, VA

    Color:  I can't pick just one. I like the whole family of autumn colors.
 
    Smell:  Again...just one? Some of my favorites are the beach, bread baking in the oven, freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, babies, puppies, and ripe concord grapes.

    Magazine:  Country Sampler, though I absolutely loathe how much they now charge for magazines. Ten dollars is a cheap one!
 
    Texture:  Soft fuzzy acrylic blankets and socks.

    Thing to do when bored:  Play around on the laptop or read.

    Precious stone:  Blue tourmaline or diamonds.

    Animal:  Dogs

    Time in history:  I remember the 1970s - 1980s pretty fondly.

    Font:  I guess Verdana since it's what I use here on the blog.

    Sound:  The laughter of children or those with special needs.

    Fruit:  Peaches

    Vegetable:  Zucchini

    Store/shop:  Amazon
 
    Quote:  "Not my circus. Not my monkeys." It reminds me not to fret over things that are not mine to worry about.

    Historical figure:  Teddy Roosevelt and Ernest Hemmingway fascinate me. Both lived such adventurous lives.

    Letter:  I've never given it any thought, but I gave both of my kids "M" names so maybe it's M?

    Memory:  Sitting around the kitchen table one Thanksgiving Eve with my mom, dad and Tim...all of us working together to make the stuffing and prepare some of the other dishes.

    Dessert:  Pineapple Upside-down Cake

    Candy:  Lindor chocolate truffles

    Restaurant:  Probably China Garden, the neighborhood Chinese place. We get food from there more than anywhere.

    Language:  I'm going to go with English since it's the only one I'm fluent in, but I think Italian sounds lovely when I hear it.

    Thing to learn about:  All things from history.
 
    Thing about yourself:  I am able to forgive even those who have hurt me terribly and I am stronger than I usually think I am. 

Thanks to Bev for finding the questions.
Play along here.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy! It was fun to read your answers and learn more about you. I hope you are having a good weekend. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teddy Roosevelt is an interesting guy. The pain of his first lost love seemed extraordinarily painful, but it led him to visit the West and want to conserve the land.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindor chocolate, oh yeah! That is a good one. Yum. We have a lot of the same likes. Fun post. I forgot to do mine. It's been one of "those" weeks for me ... *lol* Hope y'all have a blessed Sunday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love reading this.
    Verdana is easy to read.
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laughter really is the best sound.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great answers, Stacy!! Your answers are always thoughtful and a lot more complex than my simple one-words! Laughter is the best sound, for sure!! Have a great week ahead!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lindor has become my favorite chocolate. I don't know what happened to Hershey's but it tastes different.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We went to the Lindor factory in Germany and I expected to get a nice free sample. What I got was at thin wafer I could dip in chocolate. I was very disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Stacy. I enjoyed reading your answers. Hope you are having a great Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

The weather is 70 degrees at 8:54 p.m. and the threat of thunderstorms hangs over us. This week is not as hot as last week, but even cooler ...