Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Currently (and 10 Things)

I am...

...reading Conversational Evangelism and Hokus Croakus by Mary Daheim.

...watching season 3 of The Wild Frontier: 1700 on Fox Nation.

...I'm feeling annoyed. A new employee threatened to quit because she didn't like working in the paper shredding department. They have dangled the Adult Training Facility in front of her to get her to stay. If they give her full time there I don't see how I will be able to remain there for my 4 days per week. I am annoyed because they tell us we have to work where they tell us and here is this new person telling them where she wants to work. It stinks of hypocrisy and if it comes down to it, I am willing to make a stink. I'll keep you posted.

...I'm looking forward to having nothing in particular to do this weekend. Maybe I will finally be able to do a deep clean of the house, catch up on laundry, and decorate for Fall. I hate not having the decorations out yet.

...I'm loving pumpkin spice flavored everything!

...I'm celebrating the end of summer (along with everyone else at work) with a party on Thursday. A coworker and I are in charge of it. We'll be decorating tomorrow.

...I'm grateful for a good, if brief, visit with my father over the weekend. He and his wife are doing pretty well for being 87 and 91. She doesn't have full use of her one arm and hand after last winter's stroke, but she is doing well otherwise. They plan to begin their journey back to Texas at the beginning of November. I admit the idea of the two of them driving that far on their own is a bit of a worry, but they live life on their terms.

...the weather is cloudy and 68 degrees. Mid 70s are coming the rest of the week.

...giggling at















Now, on to Ten Things Tuesday!

1. Your vision for the rest of the year.  I'd like to still be working at my job (without having to fight a legal battle). I want to reengage in my church (this summer was rough). I want to spend less time online and be more active.

2. One thing you'd like to do more.  Get out and do things. My husband, when he's actually at home, has become a bit of a hermit who never wants to go and DO anything.

3. What's one thing you can do this week to take care of yourself?  I'm doing it tomorrow after work. I'm going to get a mani/pedi.

4. What is something you accomplished this year that you are proud of?  As soon as I finish reading one of the books I'm currently reading I will have completed my Goodreads reading challenge for the year...3 months ahead of schedule!

5. Quote that reflects your current mood.  


6. What was your biggest victory yesterday?  I did not let my anger about what's going on at work influence the way I treated the woman who is a threat to my job. It is not technically her fault and she is a nice person.

7. If you had $10,000, you would...  pay down debt.

8. What are 10 things you appreciate in your life?  My husband, my daughter and grandchildren, my home, my job, my mom, books, my dog, my church family, my faith, and having been born in the United States when I was.

9. What song is your current favorite?  My all-time favorites are Billy Joel's Piano Man and Toby Keith's Should Have Been a Cowboy. I can't really pick a current favorite as I don't listen to much that is on the current charts and my tastes are all over the place, anyway.

10. One behavior you need to let go of.  Procrastination.


Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Good giggles at the end. Gosh, I'm sorry for the drama at the job. What a shame. Do please keep us posted and you should raise a stink. Glad you got to see your bio-dad. Prayers for their safe travels back to Texas. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree with you. Both Biden AND Trump are TOO OLD to be president. Glad you got to go visit your bio-dad. I hope you can get the problem at work straightened out. I love Piano Man and just about anything Billy Joel did as well. I hope the rest of the week goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your GoodReads goal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your parents are doing OK. Hope the journey is a safe one and they have a good time.
    Also, hope you won't have to make a stink at work but totally understand why it may be necessary. Pray first. I know you'll let God tell you what to do and/or say. It'll work out.
    Still giggling at the jokes. I pray President Trump can hold on and win the election a third time.
    Love & Prayers xx

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

The weather is 70 degrees at 8:54 p.m. and the threat of thunderstorms hangs over us. This week is not as hot as last week, but even cooler ...