Friday, September 22, 2023

Saturday 9: Answer the Phone

Saturday 9: Answer the Phone (2001)


Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) This song likens a relationship to a roller coaster ride. When did you most recently visit an amusement park?  It's been at least 10 years. I don't think I've gone since I was a bus driver and got in free.

2) Lead singer Mark McGrath reasons that his girl should answer the phone because he knows she's home. That was decades ago, when most homes still had landlines. Where were you when you took your last call? Were you at home?
  No, I was in the car about to go into a restaurant for dinner.

3) He remembers the glow of her face when he gave her a rose. Have you recently given or received a gift of flowers or a plant?
  My husband had a dozen red roses delivered to my workplace last month for my birthday.

4) Sugar Ray's debut CD was called Lemonade and Brownies. Crazy Sam admits she'd prefer milk with her brownie. What about you? Does the combination of lemonade and brownies sound good to you?  Not particularly, but it wouldn't bother me, either.

5) In 2005, Mark McGrath was a guest judge on American Idol. At one time, Idol was the dominant singing competition show. Today, in addition to American Idol, viewers can also watch The Voice and America's Got Talent. Are you a fan of any or all of these shows?
  I still like American Idol and AGT. I just can't seem to get into The Voice for some reason.

6) Sugar Ray is a famous name in boxing circles. Sugar Ray Robinson and  Sugar Ray Leonard were both world championships. Are you a boxing fan?  Not at all, but it does seem to produce some very large personalities that hard not to be familiar with.

7) In 2001, when this song was popular, the Leaning Tower of Pisa reopened to the public after more than a decade of renovations. Have you ever been to Italy? If yes, where did you go? If not, is a trip to Italy on your wish list?  I've never been, but I would love to go!

8) Also in 2001, Liverpool's Speke Airport was renamed John Lennon Airport. Liverpool's is the first airport in the United Kingdom to be named after an individual. Tell us about something in your hometown that is named after someone.  There are many things in my hometown named after native sons Arnold Palmer and Fred Rogers.

9) Random Question: Is the screen on your cell phone cracked?  I'm not sure. I noticed some very fine lines along the edge yesterday, but I have a screen protector on so I don't know if it's that or the actual screen.

Thanks, Sam, for the music and questions!

Play along here.

7 comments:

  1. I had some cracks my screen saver and finally got a new screen saver from Amazon. I have an older phone and holding out for a new one. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like The Voice. I tune into American Idol sometimes toward the end but can't do all the crazy stuff with the auditions. I have never seen America's Got Talent for some reason, other than the replays on FB now and then. Have a great weekend, Stacy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually stopped watching Idol in favor of the Voice

    ReplyDelete
  4. #1 A friend was a bus driver on tour busses and he hated some of the streets in Maine, they were not made for tour busses.
    #4 Lemonade and brownies sent shivers up my spine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get a screen protector. I stopped watching Idol when Simon left.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a screen protector, and one of those military grade cases on my phone. I've dropped it many times but so far it just bounces and is fine. I hope you had a good birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Stacy. Happy fall. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

The weather is 70 degrees at 8:54 p.m. and the threat of thunderstorms hangs over us. This week is not as hot as last week, but even cooler ...