Monday, October 2, 2023

Currently

Outside my window it's dark and 60 degrees. It was a beautiful sunny day with temps in the low 80's earlier and there's more of the same on tap for Tuesday and Wednesday.

I've been reading more while I've been sick. I've finished Hocus Croakus and A Holly Jolly Murder. I've started another cozy mystery...it features a black cat named Elvis and his owner who runs a second-hand store. The name of it escapes me and as I've left it in the car, you'll have to wait until later to find out what it is.

I've been watching reruns of Happy Days on Netflix. The earliest seasons have been a big surprise to me. I thought I remembered the show well, but I have forgotten much of its beginnings. It has also made me mourn the passing of the era of sitcoms. They were so much fun to watch, but also taught us some valuable lessons. All the reality shows can't hold a candle to them.

I'm feeling somewhat better this evening. The bug(s) I mentioned were hitting the area hard last week finally caught up to me on Thursday evening. I worked Friday and today, but spent most of the weekend camped in the recliner or on the couch. I watched some TV and did a lot of reading. It was difficult, though, as when I am sick I seem to have little to no attention span or focus.

I'm grateful things seem to be getting a little better at our daughter's house. At one point this weekend she reported being sure God hated her. Why? 

Well, all of the family now has hand, foot, and mouth disease, though all are at different stages and Colton's blisters have healed enough that he went back to school today after being off all last week. It hasn't bothered the kids much, but the adults have had high fevers and report the blisters are painful.

Then Saturday their sewer line clogged and backed up, flooding their basement and bathroom. Sick or not, that had to be dealt with. Sunday their dryer died. 

I'd like to talk to her about that whole "God hates me" thinking, but she was not in any frame of mind at the time. Praying for another open door when we both feel better.

I'm a little sad because today is our son's birthday. He's 38. I haven't been able to wish him a happy birthday since he turned 34.

I am celebrating that it's October, my favorite month of the year (tied with November).

I'm looking forward to Saturday and my work's big, bingo fundraiser. I'm taking my mom and daughter (if she's better) as well of one of my favorite clients, an older gentleman with an encyclopedic knowledge of music and old television shows. Pray he is able to go. He is really looking forward to going, but today complained his knee was hurting and when we looked at it we became concerned it might be cellulitis. Someone is supposed to get him an appointment to see the doctor tomorrow.

I'm giggling at...







































3 comments:

  1. Hello, my friend! I am sorry you were sick. I pray you feel better each day. And you daughter! Bless her heart! What a time she is having. Somehow we get through those times, and when we do, we look back and think, " Dang! How did we ever do that?! " I know that time is near for her. And finally, I love the memes you shared!!! The Facebook one is hilarious! But the age one?? No. Way. I am TEN years older than Edith Bunker?!?!?!!? WOW! LOL! Have a cozy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy. So sorry you and your family are sick. No fun at all. Will pray for your daughter and her family. She has had quite a week! I can't believe how much you and I have in common - this Friday is my oldest son's birthday. He will be 33. We will get a card in the mail for him, but I doubt we will hear from him. Please know you aren't alone. The memes are so funny - made me chuckle - something I needed today. Feel better soon. See you next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry about the sickness next door. I am also sorry your daughter feels God has abandoned her. Hoping she feels better for Bingo and that you can have a talk. I laughed at all your memes! Especially the No.2 pencils! xo

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Stealing

Today's questions come from Swap-bot. You can join in the fun here . 1. What inspires you most?   My faith, my grandchildren and the int...