Wednesday, January 17, 2024

A Quick Update

I didn't feel very good this morning but I went to work because I didn't want to use up any more of my PTO time. Wishful thinking. I felt awful all day so when I got off work I went to MedExpress.

The good news is that I'm negative for covid, flu, rsv, and all the other nasty bugs floating around. The bad news is that I'm apparently experiencing rebound symptoms from taking the paxlovid. It seems some "lucky" souls experience this about a week after the fact...and there's nothing they can do about it. You just have to ride it out and use over the counter drugs to treat individual symptoms.

Yay, me. I get to experience all the symptoms of covid again (and I feel worse than I did when I actually had it) without having it. 

And I get to use more PTO time, anyway.



6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. I'm so sorry you are having such a terrible reaction to Paxlovid. IF I get covid again, I will not let them give that to me. I've heard some pretty awful things about it. Take care, Stacy. Praying for you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon. I really hated taking Paxlovid. I think that the Paxlovid actually made me sicker than Covid. I doubt I will take it again. Prayers that you are feeling better. soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, how awful! So taking something for the sickness is worse than the sickness?! My goodness. Our friends use ivermectin with no bad side effects. Might wanna get some of that? Rest and get better. Prayers for healing. Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats terrible! I sure hope you feel better quickly. Take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry Stacy. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...