Saturday, March 23, 2024

Sunday Stealing

I'm still taking a break from blogging (and enjoying it). I still haven't decided what I'm going to do in the end, but I'm cooped up today due to terrible pain in my leg when I walk on it and I'm a bit bored. The Sunday Stealing questions are interesting so....

Stolen from Swap Bot        

1. If you could witness any event from history, what would it be?  I'm not sure. Maybe Washington's inauguration or the Wright brothers' flight?

2. What do you think about conspiracy theories?  Some of them have proved to be correct.

3. Do you like cartoons? Do you have /had a favorite one?  I do like cartoons and my favorite will always be Scooby-Doo.

4. What did you most dislike in school times?  That's an easy one. Math.

5. What sounds are in your opinion relaxing? The sound of the sea? Traffic? Vacuum cleaner? Combine harvester on the field? Some kind of music? Birds singing?  I like the sound of rain or a thunderstorm. I guess I also like the white noise of a fan because we run a fan in the bedroom every night of the year.

6. What was the last thing you read?  Fudge Bites by Nancy Coco

7. What is one thing that has stumped you so hard you won't ever forget it?  If the universe began with the Big Bang and is supposedly infinite, but also constantly expanding until the day it collapses back in on itself....what exactly is it expanding into??  If the Big Bang happened when a super dense ball of matter exploded outward....where did the matter come from if that was the start of the universe?? This is why God and creation make perfect sense to me.

8. What are you interested in that most people aren’t?  I don't know. I studied to be a journalist so I tend to have a bit of interest in EVERYTHING. 

9. What’s something you really resent paying for?  I resent paying high taxes so the politicians can spend my money irresponsibly.

10. If you could choose a different time period and place to be born, when and where would it be?  I wouldn't change when or where I was born. I grew up in the USA of the 60's-early 80's. Arguably the best time ever to be a kid.

11. What's one question you would ask Superman?  Do you really think the glasses and name change fool anyone?

12. What's your favorite smell?  I have several favorites...Yankee Candle's MacIntosh scent, fresh Concord grapes, baking bread, the beach, babies, and puppies.  What's your least favorite smell?  Pick any smell from a nursing home.

13. How do you feel about cars becoming fully autonomous and having no steering wheel, breaks, or accelerators?  It sounds cool, but the technology has a long way to go before I'll trust my life to it.

14. What are your favorite books and authors?  My all-time favorite book is Little Women. My favorite authors are James Rollins (love his Sigma Force series) and Janet Evanovich (I've read all of her books).

15. Have you had a reading or palm reading done?  No.

12 comments:

  1. It is not fun when a person is in pain, I truly hope the pain in your leg goes away.

    God's blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear you are in pain. Praying for you to find relief. I enjoyed all your answers. I love getting to see how fellow bloggers feel about things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't change when I was born either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your leg is feeling better. The Wright brothers flight is a cool choice. I hope you're enjoying your blog break. I had missed you and came to see what was going on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you're feeling crappy but glad you're back. You know, as Bud said about Saturday 9, there are no rules. Post what you want when you want. #10: Funny, but I thought the 70s were just awful! I guess because I'm older than you and it coincided with my time of disillusionment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes - I like thunderstorms too. But they are more exciting than relaxing for me.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you're in such pain. I like the sound of rain, especially if it's warm enough to have open windows.

    ReplyDelete
  8. # 9 ~ That angers me too about our tax money. It's really time for a major Atlas Shrugs. These folks hate us and they need to go. Apparently "voting" isn't going very well.
    I hope your leg is completely healed soon. It's awful to hurt all the time like that. Prayers for you my friend.
    Blessings. 💙

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sorry you are in pain, and I hope it goes away soon. Praying. But I'm glad you took this time to write to us once again. It's always good to hear from you and I enjoy your opinions on things and life in general. I love the sound of rain, but not so much big thunderstorms. Just a good hard or gentle rain on our metal roof is fine. I love to hear the birds singing in the treetops too. Smells? I am too scentsitive to scents...candles in particular and perfumes. I try to avoid them. If I must smell candles I prefer Vanilla or a woodsy smell. Those jelly beans look good on your page. LOL. I really don't like to eat them that much, but maybe just a few at Easter. Hope you feel better soon. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Stacy. So sorry you are in pain. It was good to see you back in blog land. I hope you keep checking in. I'm with you - the 60s and 70s were the best time ever to be a kid. Feel better soon and Happy Easter to you and yours! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved all of your answers, Stacy, but particularly #7 and #9. Right on! Have a blessed week ahead and I hope your pain subsides. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...