Thursday, March 7, 2024

Is This the End? Maybe.

A long time ago (it's been more than 20 years!) a young-ish wife and mother discovered the world of blogging. Blogging was in its infancy back then. It was exciting and new. It opened a whole new world of possibilities and friendships to that young woman. Blogging gave her a voice and a creative outlet and she loved it from the moment she first sat looking at that flashing cursor and wondered what to write.

The years that have followed have been filled with ups and downs. Friendships have formed. People have come and gone from the blogging world and from her life. Some people moved into the realm of Facebook friends or even "real life" friends. Her heart has celebrated great moments in the lives of her blogging friends, prayed and cried through their tragedies, and smiled through the everyday moments. At the same time, she has benefitted from the support, love, wisdom, and prayers of those same friends.

Something has changed. It's been brewing for a while now, but the thing that once gave her such joy, that she couldn't wait to get to each day...it stopped doing that. It became just one more thing on her to-do list and thus felt more like a chore. It became a burden. The blank page that once excited her with its possibilities began to depress her as she struggled to think of anything she felt like putting down in words. In other words, her blogging mojo packed its bags and left.

That's where I find myself tonight. The thought of leaving blogging for good leaves me feeling anxious after all these years so I am not saying a hard goodbye. I am taking a break and saying goodbye "for now." Will I be back? I can't say. The blog will stay up so I can find all of you and visit from time to time and many of you are Facebook friends so we won't lose touch.

Thank you for all the years of visits, support, laughs, advice, insight, and friendship and love. 
 

9 comments:

  1. God bless you, Stacy. I hope you come back to Blogland some day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy, I am hoping you are just taking a break. I always enjoy your post. Maybe taking a break will give you time to decide what you want to do in the future. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I've been in the same boat lately... & now I've just found what works for me. Do what works for you... take that break - see how you feel with some time & space... & hope to see you back in blog land soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nooooooo, don't go! It's like someone dies or something when I lost a Blogging friend! Maybe only post once a week or so? Try that? Maybe it's the past sickness that wore you out? 😊 But, whatever you decide at least we're "real friends" on FaceBook and you won't be completely gone. God bless you.
    Love & Blessings. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really hope you won't abandon blogging altogether! If that's what your heart's telling you, however, I just want to say 'thanks' for all the Good Stuff you've shared over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This makes me sad, but I get it. There have been days when I know I should update my blog but I just don't feel like it. On the other hand, I am more authentically me here in the blogosphere than I am on Facebook because I don't want to hurt anyone's feeling IRL. Anyway, the nice thing about blogs is that they don't spoil and they don't expire. Come back when you feel like it. I've enjoyed interacting with you here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Completely understand....sending you lots of hugs and love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do know how you feel! I think we all get there at times. Maybe just say break and let it not be on that to do list anymore. Then maybe some need will come back for it. That is how I have approached it when it hit me with those feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no, Stacy! I hope it isn't good bye for good. I look forward to hearing about you and your family and sweet little grand kids and life in general. But I know it is hard to keep up. I have a hard time keeping up with everyone else and often don't have the energy to read and write comments/or reply to comments on my blog. But I appreciate each and every one of our blogging friends so much. It is a happy place away from the "real world" we live with every day...a kind of escape to visit with friends when we really can't get out and go anywhere else. I do understand...but I also hope you will just take a break and come back stronger some day. Maybe you just need a "vacation" for a while. Please take care of yourself and know that you always have a place at our "table" here in Blogland. Love to you dear friend in PA.

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...