Friday, May 10, 2024

Saturday 9: (God Must Have Spent) A Little More Time on You

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) In this song, a boy celebrates the life of love he's received from his mother, saying it's more precious than any diamond or pearl. Do you have a piece of jewelry that means a great deal to you?  My wedding band, of course, but also a tiny gold heart-shaped locket that was my grandmother's. It has a picture of my grandfather in one side and my son in the other.

2) NSYNC licensed their name and likenesses for use on a variety of products, and their official key ring was a big seller. Tell us about your key ring.  It's from Thirty-one and the two ends clip together so you can hang it on your purse strap or your belt loop or something like that and have your keys at hand.

3) NSYNC's lead singer, Justin Timberlake, is now a parent himself with two sons. He enjoys sitting on the floor so they can play Legos together. Today Lego sets for adults and adult coloring books are popular. As a grown up, do you enjoy coloring books or Legos?  I don't have the patience for Legos, but I do enjoy coloring (and actually do a bit of it at work) as long as the pictures are those ones filled with a million tiny spaces. Those do not relax me at all.
 
4) In 1998, when this song was popular, Seinfeld ended its 9-season run. Were you a fan?  I didn't like the show when it originally ran, but it grew on me when my husband started watching it in reruns.
 
5) This week's song was chosen in honor of Mother's Day. Some mothers will find themselves treated to breakfast in bed this weekend. Is that a luxury you would appreciate, or would you worry about spilling food on the sheets?  Breakfast in bed has never been something I really enjoy. I don't worry about the sheets...I just find it awkward and uncomfortable.

6) Garrett's Popcorn offers a special tin for Mother's Day (the "O" in MOM is a daisy). When did you most recently have popcorn?  Today. I had a snack bag of Skinny-pop popcorn on my break.
 
7) Florists see a spike in sales for Mother's Day, too. Would you rather receive a plant or a bouquet of flowers?  A plant. Flowers don't last very long.

8) Crazy Sam's own mother is big on couponing, while Sam thinks coupons simply aren't worth the effort. Are you more like mother or daughter?  I used to clip and use coupons religiously and saved a great deal of money doing so, but there really aren't any coupons these days. Covid put an end to them, at least in this area.

9) Sam is celebrating Mother's Day with her mother's favorite, Hershey Bars. Would you prefer classic milk chocolate, dark chocolate or chocolate with almonds?  Milk chocolate, please!

Thanks for the music and questions, Sam!
Join in the fun here.




10 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy! It's always good to hear from you. I hope you had a good week and that you have a very Happy Mother's Day! See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy, always nice to see you post. If you like to color, there is the Inspire journaling Bible. It has both color pages and blank pages. Have a Happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Until this moment I'd never heard of Thirty-One. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a lovely Mother's Day. 💙

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use the digital coupons at the grocery store sites, but as for clipping coupons, you're right, there aren't that many to find that way anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not really organized enough to use coupons--I mean, I would have to make a plan and a list! (I hope you're feeling better!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Mother's Day to you, Stacy! I enjoyed your responses today. I agree about breakfast in bed! Another fun S9! Have a blessed week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. #2 I use a small carabiners for my key ring.
    #3 Ditto. When I was at the senior center they had coloring books and colored pencils out and since the guest lecturer was late I started coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you a lovely Mother's Day, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Currently

I am... Reading... Nothing. There just hasn't been time in the last week or so. Or maybe it's more accurate and honest to say that ...