Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Currently...

The weather is 70 degrees at 8:54 p.m. and the threat of thunderstorms hangs over us. This week is not as hot as last week, but even cooler temperatures are heading our way Thursday. It will stay cooler through the weekend.

I'm reading Bayou Book Thief (A Vintage Cookbook Mystery) by Ellen Byron. This is the first book in a series that includes three books (so far) and I am really enjoying it. It's set in New Orleans and you get a good dose of the culture.

I'm listening to the usual 80's stuff. I also have a client who is positively obsessed with Doo Wop music and listens to an online radio station. He is 70 and blind so doesn't text or have a computer but desperately wants to participate in the online chat, so.....myself and another of his companions end up listening along with him and posting his comments and requests to the group.

I'm not watching much of anything except American Idol. GO BIG MO!! Oh, Tim rented The Beekeeper last night. It was terribly violent, but not bad for that type of action movie.


I'm thinking about all these student protests against Israel as I suppose most of us are. They kids sure have conviction. It's too bad that most of them don't seem to understand what they are talking about. I don't understand why it has been allowed to go on so long since so much of it isn't protest so much as it is hate speech. It just about kills me to admit that John Fetterman gets it and I have to agree with him.

I'm feeling a bit beat up tonight. After a week away from physical therapy (due to illness) I went back tonight and they worked me HARD. My knee and leg are not happy, but hey, no pain no gain. Right?


We'll be celebrating Mother's Day this weekend with a big family dinner at the area's most popular Italian restaurant. Tim, once again, made all the arrangements then let the rest of us in on it. It's nice not to have to be the one who has to do all that.

I'm enjoying the season's first watermelon. I bought a long, seeded one the other day and we've been enjoying it. Such good flavor!

I'm looking forward to a train ride with the grandkids over Memorial Day weekend. I booked it for Tim and I and our daughter's family. It's a nice 2-hour round trip with ice cream during the ride.

I'm giggling at...

























5 comments:

  1. The protestors are funded by our avowed enemy & terrorist George Soros and others. They've been indoctrinated. One can certainly see the spirit of the anti-christ at work in all the Countries. I pray for them that they'll get saved before it's too late and they get left behind.
    Oh my gosh, the jokes!!! They are hilarious! Still giggling too.
    Hope you're feeling better these days.
    Blessings. 💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your funnies...thanks for the laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stacy. I am chuckling at those funnies. I completely agree with you about the protestors. They have no idea what Hamas is and what it stands for. I back Israel 100%! I hope you get feeling better. Sounds like you will have a great Mother's Day. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the funnies! I will have to check out that book series. I love New Orleans and the food! It sounds like your Mothers' Day celebration will be wonderful and delicious! The train ride also sounds great! Hoping your pain subsides as you get back into the therapy sessions. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These memes you've found are hysterical, Stacy. I just may resemble that "back seat driver." LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Stealing

Today's questions come from Swap-bot. You can join in the fun here . 1. What inspires you most?   My faith, my grandchildren and the int...