Monday, July 1, 2024

Currently

The weather... calm and a comfortable 68 degrees. It's going to be good sleeping tonight.

Reading... I finished Marguerite, Misty & Me yesterday. It was excellent, but I've been a fan of Marguerite Henry, Misty, and Chincoteague Island since I was 9 years old. It might not speak to everyone the way it spoke to me. Today I began reading Torn Asunder, the latest installment in Barbara Ross's Maine Clambake series.

Watching... Jack Ryan on Prime Video.

Feeling... pretty good. I started back on the 16-hour fasting today. It wasn't as tough as I feared it would be. The hardest thing is drinking water. Blech.

Thinking... about Wednesday. We have something special going on a work, but it's still my day to have some activities. I think I'll do some grammar in the morning. One of the consumers has been asking me to do so. It's just tough when I'm working with those with intellectual disabilities. The majority of them are not as high functioning as the one asking. I think I found some simple things we may be able to have fun with. When we go to the park I'm going to bring along a craft I've been waiting to do with them. We're going to paint watercolor pictures with squirt guns!

Celebrating... Independence Day, of course! Also, the older gentleman that I do companion work with celebrates his birthday on July 4. The special thing we are doing Wednesday is a surprise birthday party at the park.

Looking forward... to having an extra day off (though it would be nice if we had Friday off, too) and later this month to going to visit my biological father.

Giggling at...











4 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy! I hope that you and yours have a safe and fun 4th of July! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you had a good day. Nice that you can see your bio dad. Watercolor with squirt guns sounds fun! Have a Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely that last meme... running errands is for sure 'going out'. Sounds like a fun time is planned for Wednesday!! Let us know how it goes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh ... the graphics!! I'm still giggling! 😅
    Hope your week and day are special and that the change in eating goes well. Prayers. 💙

    ReplyDelete

Happy Fourth of July!

I've always loved the Fourth of July. Growing up the holiday was a really big deal for my family. Dad was an aficionado of parades and o...