Friday, August 16, 2024

August Happiness Challenge, Day 16

 



As usual, there were many moments of happiness to choose from today, but the one I've decided to share didn't take place until around 8:00 this evening. 

After another birthday dinner with my mom and stepdad, Tim and I stopped at Walmart on our way home. While we were inside there was a very intense, but brief, rain storm. When we exited the store I heard the woman behind me say "Rainbow!" Sure enough, when I looked over in the direction the storm was heading there was a gorgeous rainbow with very vivid colors. I think it was the first time I've ever seen the purple in a rainbow. It was breathtaking against the black clouds. It lasted quite a while, too.

The rainbow after the storm, a symbol of God's promise to mankind, reminded me of His love for us...and that made me very happy, indeed.







7 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful rainbow! The last one I saw was double and it had purple, but not as vivid as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful rainbow. I love to see rainbows and they make me happy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful is that!? Wonderful picture of God's Holy promise to never flood the earth again. That is definitely a happy moment. 💙

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Not only is the rainbow gorgeous, but you did a really nice job capturing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! That is vivid and so gorgeous! A great photo and reminder of God's promises. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - that is a beautiful rainbow! I love the pictures. Hope you are having a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lovely rainbow. Nice shots.

    ReplyDelete

Saturday 9: Minute by Minute

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it  here . 1) It's easier to keep track of the minutes if your timepiece has a second hand. A...