Thursday, August 15, 2024

August Happiness Challenge, Day 15


Today is my birthday. I turned the big 6-0. There is so much that made me happy today.

1. I had the day off.

2. Waking up to find Tim had left me a card and some scratch-off lottery tickets.

3. I won $60 on one.

4. I took my mom to Crumpett's, a local tea shop, where we enjoyed lunch with a pot of birthday tea that smelled and tasted just like birthday cake!

5. We walked around the town and browsed through most of the shops. It was a beautiful day and we had fun talking to other shoppers and greeting all their pups, as well.

6. The grands called me and sang to me several times and gave me hugs and kisses and birthday wishes at least 3 times.

7. Tim came home early and took me out to dinner.

8. I got about 100 birthday messages on Facebook.

9. I finally got my new house plants potted.

10. We made hotel reservations for Saturday night in Erie. We'll drive up Saturday morning to see Tim's sister, Sally, and visit with his sister from Alabama for a bit. Sally, by the way, is doing really well considering all she's been through. She's been sitting up on the side of the bed and going to therapy. Adjusting the meds seems to have helped a good bit.

It's been a very happy day! 

5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! The Big 6-0 is a milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday again!! When we pass that 60 mark, we are allowed to celebrate all month, so go for it!! Sounds like a great day, full of fun and happiness!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You won $60!? Cool beans! Let's go get coffee. Glad your birthday was really special. 💙

    ReplyDelete

Saturday 9: Minute by Minute

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it  here . 1) It's easier to keep track of the minutes if your timepiece has a second hand. A...