Friday, August 2, 2024

August Happiness Challenge: Day 2

Well, it's music for the win again today.

It was an odd day at work and many of those we work with didn't come in. I ended up having only one young man in my group. It was just the two of us. He is one of my favorites (though they are all favorites). He's a young guy, big and strong...something of a bull in a china shop. He's also autistic so his interactions with others can be hard. 

I was the first person my boy connected with at work. I'm still the one he comes to most often when he wants human connection. He likes hugs from me and holds my hand a lot. And every now and then he just blows me away with something.

Today, out of the blue, he started singing. His voice was pure and clear and it was a lovely song. Everyone stopped to listen and applauded him when he was done.





6 comments:

  1. This is amazing! No wonder you're smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How rewarding your work must be, Stacy! You make such a difference for so many!! Great song, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must have been quite a moment. I love that song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How precious and sweet. I'm smiling too. 💙

    ReplyDelete

Saturday 9: Minute by Minute

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it  here . 1) It's easier to keep track of the minutes if your timepiece has a second hand. A...