Wednesday, August 7, 2024

August Happiness Challenge, Day 7

I apologize if you're my friend on Facebook and have seen this already, but the fact is, I love my job and derive a great deal of satisfaction and happiness from it and the people I work with.

Most of us on the ATF (adult training facility) staff have one day each week where we are responsible for planning the lessons and activities for the day. Most of us put a good bit of effort into it hoping to make it something special for the consumers. As you can imagine, some things are huge hits...others, not so much.

Today was my day and I chose fairy tales as the theme. We learned about fairy tales and watched a few on You Tube. Then I showed them how to create very vivid watercolor pictures with washable markers, a couple of squirts of water, some foil, and a coloring page. During exercise time we did the "rainbow disco unicorn dance." Then I gave each group a different building material...old-fashioned wooden blocks, foam blocks, kinetic sand...and tasked them with building a castle together. Every 15 minutes we switched up the building materials so everyone got to try each one. To my surprise they LOVED that. Later the worksheets were fairy tale themed and we had some fun with Mad Libs that retold fairy tales.

It was a great day that they enjoyed and that not only makes me happy, it fills me with joy to see them having fun.







8 comments:

  1. That was a great activity for the folks you work with. It is obvious that you have a lot of love and compassion for this people and that you are good at what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome Stacey! It takes a special person to do what you do. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really great, Stacy. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those smiling faces say it all. You gave everyone a very happy day!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great ideas and you can tell from the photos they were having a blast! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, look at those sweet smiles. Fairy tales are so much fun. Wonderful photos. 💙

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a creative day! Sounds like a definite winner!

    ReplyDelete

Saturday 9: Minute by Minute

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it  here . 1) It's easier to keep track of the minutes if your timepiece has a second hand. A...