Saturday, August 10, 2024

August Happiness Challenge, Days 8, 9 & 10



On Day 8 it made me happy to take the man I do companion work with to his Lion's Club dinner meeting at the country club. I got to listen to the reports of all the good works these men do and enjoy a good meal in a lovely setting.

Day 9 brought Tropical Storm Debby to our area. She didn't amount to much here, but she did bring us a much needed rainy day and that made me very happy...because I didn't have to trudge around town pulling a water tank to water the flower baskets in the historic district. Someone volunteered our consumers to do it, but the truth of the matter is it's the staff that does most of the work. It's good publicity, I suppose, but I loathe it as it usually leaves me in pain for a few days. So, yeah, not having to do it left me pretty darn happy.

Today I'm happy because I got to spend lots of time with my favorite little people. This afternoon I took them for frozen custard because it was as perfect a summer day as you could ask for. 



After that treat, they helped me pick out some new house plants at the nursery. Tonight, we took them to see the new Harold and the Purple Crayon movie (go see it...it's wonderful!) and they are spending the night.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome...have a beautiful day, Stacy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And such delightful Little People. Makes me smile too. God bless. 💙

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had three good days for sure! I love the pictures of those sweet grandchildren and reading about the happy time you had together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome happy days and those smiling kiddos say it all!!

    ReplyDelete

Saturday 9: Minute by Minute

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it  here . 1) It's easier to keep track of the minutes if your timepiece has a second hand. A...