Saturday, August 31, 2024

Saturday 9: Morning Train

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Sheena Easton sings about her lover, who takes a train to and from work each day. When is the last time you took public transportation? Where did you go?  Public transportation isn't really a thing in my life. I couldn't even guess when I last took it.

2) His workday begins at 9 and ends at 5. Do your days stick to a predictable schedule?  For the most part. I leave home at 7:00 A.M., my work starts at 8:00 and ends at 3:00. I am home by 3:30-4:00 unless I am with the older man I do companion work with. Then it can be anywhere from 6:00-9:00 before I get home. It depends on what we do. Thankfully, I am only with him 5 hours per week. 

3) In the evening she sings that they may go to a movie, a restaurant or slow dancing ... whatever she wants. Which of those would you choose?  Probably a movie.

4) As a little girl, Sheena Easton performed at family gatherings, not just because she was talented but because she could be a bit of a ham. When you were a kid, were more often shy or outgoing?  I was more outgoing, at least with family.

5) In the late 1980s she was the spokeswoman for Bally's health clubs. Do you have a gym membership?  Hahahahahaha....NO!

6) In 1987 she played Sonny Crockett's love interest on Miami Vice. Were you a fan of the show?  No, I never got into it.





7) This weekend is a good reason to have a picnic or barbecue. The best-selling barbecue sauce flavors are sweet, spicy, and smoky. What's your favorite?  We mostly use Original Sweet Baby Ray's and for a while I really liked a sweet apple sauce that Guy Fieri had. I can't find it anywhere now.

8) Labor Day weekend may offer a golden opportunity for napping and sleeping in. Do you snore?  Tim says I do. He lies.

9) Labor Day traditionally marks the beginning of the fall. Will you be adding any new fall clothes to your wardrobe?  I've already started. I've bought a few cute outfits, jeans, a sweater, and a cozy, plaid, flannel duster. 


Thanks, as always, goes to Sam for the music and questions.

Join in the fun here.

9 comments:

  1. #1 Being a senior the bus for me is only $1 so it sure beats parking in the city. In Provincetown it is $4/hour, in Hartford you spend at least $20 on parking!
    #2 <3 A senior, I appreciate you being a companion to a senior citizen. I am at the age where I need help cleaning the house but I’m procrastinating because it will mean I’m getting old.
    #6 & #7 Ditto! The opening credits to Miami Vice truned me off they all seemed so conceited, and Sweet Baby Ray's is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If flying is public transport my last date would be May 2008. I don't care to do that anymore since the TSA has ruined that experience.
    #8 ~ Still giggling at your answer. Steve sez the same thing about me but I know he lies too. 💙

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning!! Love visiting with you, Stacy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "He lies" bawaaaahhhhhaaaaaaaaaa, thanks, I needed that. Wishing you a beautiful weekend my friend. P.S. My workday starts at 6 am (leave for) and ends at 4:53pm. Home by 6 (because it takes 45 min) and in bed by 8 pm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fun Saturday 9 again this week. Your snoring answer is funnier than mine!! Happy weekend, Stacy!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that Tim! Sullying your good name! :)

    ReplyDelete

Saturday 9: Minute by Minute

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it  here . 1) It's easier to keep track of the minutes if your timepiece has a second hand. A...