Saturday, August 31, 2024

August Happiness Challenge, Day 31

I made it to the end of the challenge! I knew this month would be busy so I nearly didn't commit to the challenge. I did pretty well, too. I doubled up a couple of times, but I think I only missed one day completely.

Anyway, this final day has been a happy day. 

Tim and I began by going to get blood work done first thing this morning. I had to fast for mine. He didn't, but he skipped breakfast anyway so we could eat together afterward. From breakfast we went on to Sam's Club where we went to kill some time. We picked up a few items we use and found a cool Army play set for our grandson that we'll put away for his birthday or Christmas (both are in Dec.). Then it was on to the pool store for everything we need to winterize the pool and close it up.

When we got home our grandson came to stay with us while his parents and sister went to a big craft show at the fairgrounds. He finally got me to watch Disney's Avatar. I've resisted all these years thinking it wasn't something I'd like at all, so I was surprised by how much I did like it. It was very good and I've promised to watch the next one with him soon. Tim took a nap while our grandson was here. That little bit of running around we did wiped him out. I am praying next week's procedure will help him feel better than he has in a long, long time.

We're just relaxing now. Him with an action movie and me with the computer and then some reading. It's a good time to hunker down. It's hot, gray, still, and close outside. We are under a severe storm watch until later this evening. We need the rain, but I could live without a bad storm.

Anyway, it's a good day. A happy day.

6 comments:

  1. I have to fast--sometime in Sept. I suppose I ought to look when, lol. Keeping Tim and you both in prayer. I am in the 3rd bedroom on the computer, hubby is watching the Gator game-he kicked me out, LOL. Apparently, I'm bad luck, LOLOLOL. Hot and sticky here, still like 92*.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had fasting labs on Friday. Always a fun way to start the day. I picked up breakfast on the way to work. I haven't been to Sam's in a few months. Need to check in there soon. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a good, productive day, Stacy. I hope that everything goes well for Tim next week. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great day. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I'm late. We went out of State yesterday. Sounds like a good and productive day. Hope all goes well for Tim next week. We've been fasting a lot lately getting our bodies 'kicked' back into Keto. It's making me feel better to not eat so much. Have a great Sunday! 💙

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just had a fasting blood test this week, too! It must be an end-of-summer rite or something!

    ReplyDelete

Saturday 9: Minute by Minute

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it  here . 1) It's easier to keep track of the minutes if your timepiece has a second hand. A...