Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Early Morning Thunks

This hasn't been the most productive of weeks so far and the fact that I have been awake since 4:00 doesn't bode well for today. The problem? I woke up not feeling that great on Monday...achy and just so weary I didn't want to do anything but sleep. A little bit of congestion came on as the day went on. Yesterday I felt better, but the congestion was still hanging in there. This morning the congestion was bad enough to wake me up. At this point, I'm thinking the congestion might be at least partly allergies since our weather has warmed up again and has been breezy so any dust and pollen has been kicked up.

So, I'm just setting the scene for what will probably be a rather rambling post.

I'm sitting here watching an Unashamed podcast on YouTube. If you are unfamiliar, Unashamed is Phil, Jase, and Al Robertson's platform. You can pay to watch it on Blaze TV, which does include more content, but you do get an hour's worth when it's posted to YouTube. They chat about things in their lives, which can sometimes lose me if they are going on about hunting or fishing. My interest in those topics is limited.

It's when they get to talking about scripture and it's application that I get interested. The whole family is a wonderful, godly example and Phil and his sons are almost all preachers and/or elders in the church. They speak a lot of wisdom in a down to earth way. In the one I am watching today they are talking about the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. They've made two good points. First, Phil said if people were living in the Spirit, cultivating the fruit, our society (and world) would be a whole lot different. We wouldn't see a lot of the garbage going on if people were being kind, patient, and gentle with each other. 

Then, second, Jase commented that he thinks most Christians don't put enough emphasis on self-control. He got into the whole subject of legalism...you know, the believers who have some knowledge and think they know it all and start policing everyone. The examples he spoke about were people who condemn all drinking, all gambling, etc. The point he made is that there is mention of drinking wine in the Bible. Jesus's first miracle was turning water into wine at a wedding. Why would he do that if drinking wine is a sin? It's the lack of self-control that leads to drunkenness that is the sin. Those same folks say gambling is a sin, but is buying a lottery ticket now and then or making a bet with friends a sin? Again, Jase argues that it's not. It's the lack of self-control that leads to gambling yourself into debt or destitution.

Anyway, give them a listen if you are looking for some good Christian teaching and discussion.

Now, just for fun, I'm linking back to Rebecca Jo @ Knit by God's Hand for 3 Things.

Three things that make me feel free
1. Heading out on an unplanned, uncharted road trip.
2. Being out on a boat.
3. Praising and worshipping the Lord.

Three things I am inclined to forget when leaving the house
1. Cell phone
2. The pill bottle I need to get a refill.
3. My drink.

Three things I recommend
1. Spending time with young children...see the world through their eyes. 
2. Ozark Mountain insulated cups...work as good or better than Yeti and for a lot less $$$.

Three things I keep saying I should do and continue to not do
1. Take lots of pictures with my phone.
2. Exercise and eat better.
3. Cook more

Three reading related things I don't do that you might 
1. Read in bed
2. Crack the spine of a book so it lays open flat.
3. Read sci-fi, fantasy, or dystopian books.

Three places I am dying to go 
1. Israel
2. Across the country on Rt. 30 and make the return on Rt. 66.
3. Plymouth, MA...it's a genealogy thing.

Three things I do every day by noon
1. Bible study.
2. Drink Diet Coke.
3. Wash at least one load of laundry.

Three fashion trends I can confidently say I will never do again
1. Jumpsuits.
2. High heels (wish I could, though).
3. Shoulder pads.

Three things I'm over
1. All the hate and judgementalism in the world.
2. Winter
3. Covid

Three things I'm looking forward to
1. My cat ever behaving.
2. Warm weather.
3. Vacation.

Still wide awake so I guess I'll go get some breakfast and get this day started. Later I'm going to the mall with my daughter and granddaughter. We are going to a wedding Saturday that has requested formal dress. My daughter needs a dress and I need shoes for me and for my husband. I hate clothes shopping with my daughter....she is sooooo indecisive and it is usually a painful process. I agreed to go only because the mall opens at 11:00 and she has to pick her son up from school at 2:00 so the process can't go on too long.

It is going to be a beautiful day, not sunny, but 70 degrees! I intend to enjoy it. I hope you do, too!

6 comments:

  1. That's true about so many profess Jesus Christ but don't exercise self-control. Getting in someone else's face to be judgmental only drives a person far away from the Gospel (Good News). We should follow the Apostle Paul's teachings to "die daily to be more alive to Christ" [paraphrased]. When I focus on that, I don't look at anyone else or worry about what they are doing or not doing.
    I enjoyed your list and suggestions.
    Hope your day! I keep praying for America and so many that are lost. May the Lord return soon.
    Love & Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy. This is a fun post. I have never seen that show. We don't have Blaze TV. I loved your "three things" list. I was going to post one last night, but didn't end up having time. Maybe tonight. I hope you are feeling better soon and that you have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is your family from the Plymouth area? Mine is! Like three things, may borrow for a post today 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, formal dress for a wedding? For all the guests? I guess I am really out of touch...haven't been to a wedding that fancy ever! Be sure to take some pictures of you all in your formal attire! That sounds like fun!! I enjoyed your post. I haven't ever watched the Phil Robertson family shows, but I've heard good things from those who do. I hope you get over your "congestion" before the wedding! That would be a bummer. Have a wonderful day. I hope your springtime is coming to stay a while!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping the shopping went well and wasn't too painful! I am over Covid for sure and the hate in the world. I am glad we are done with shoulder pads!! I enjoyed your post, Stacy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stacy, still no luck being able to add you with Blogger. I can't add or delete. Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Stealing

I'm still taking a break from blogging (and enjoying it). I still haven't decided what I'm going to do in the end, but I'm c...