Tuesday, March 1, 2022

One Beautiful Day

The start of this week has blessed us with a marvelous taste of Spring. Yesterday we had sunshine and a high temperature close to 60 degrees. The grands sure enjoyed it and had a blast playing outside. 



We even took a family walk around the neighborhood when Tim got home from work. With strollers and scooters along, we made quite a parade!

Rain is on the way, my joints are confirming it in a major way, but I am not complaining. Rain is better than snow!

As my time in my current job winds down, each day brings another client to break the news to. Today's client broke my heart. He is in his 60's and lives with his 90-year-old father. They have waited a long time for a companion and they are the sweetest people. They actually asked to meet several companions from different companies and then out of them all, they chose me. He has been working on a huge latch-hook rug for me and today he gave me one of his little treasures because he thought my grandchildren might like it. How sweet! This little banana girl (I think it's a girl) is now sitting proudly on the kitchen window sill.


Also on the window sill is this beautiful pink hyacinth. It was just a bulb when I bought it at Aldi's last week.


One of the highlights of my day was receiving a letter from my half-sister. Of all my "new found" family, she is the one I seem to have the most in common with. I feel sure that we would have been very close had we grown up together. 

One of the things that touched me the most was her saying what a gift she considers each one of my letters to be. I have only met one of my two brothers and I have a feeling that was a "one and done." Oh, he let me know our father was in the hospital and such, but there is no real relationship. I've had no contact at all with the other brother. So, the feeling of the relationship with my sister being a gift is mutual.

She also echoed my own thoughts that in not growing up a part of their family, God was protecting me, because theirs was a dysfunctional family and none of them are particularly close today.

She has invited Tim and I to come spend a long weekend with her and her husband this summer. Tim has said he is willing.

Supper was a simple affair tonight since Leah ran over to be with me as soon as I got home and then we went on that walk. We made my version of personal pizzas. A flour tortilla of any size (we used plain tonight, but have used sun-dried tomato, spinach and herb, and wheat) spread with pizza sauce, sprinkled with an Italian 4-cheese blend, and then whatever toppings we want. Tonight I had pepperoni, red and orange peppers, and mushrooms on mine. It only takes about 6 minutes on a pizza pan in a 425 degree oven to get a delicious pizza with a thin and crispy crust. Lately, we find them to be tastier than any we order.

I may not get a chance to post again before Thursday afternoon. I'm not sure. Our daughter has a sleep study at the hospital tomorrow night and her husband works midnight shift so I am staying the night at their house with the kids. I get to come home early Thursday morning for just a bit before I have to go back to stay with Leah while she goes to another appointment. 

Life is sweet and God is good. I hope that is a truth you know, too. Enjoy your days and rejoice in all the moments that make them up!



3 comments:

  1. Look at those grand's smiles!!!
    That long weekend will be so nice to get to know each other more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those kiddos are growing up so fast! My goodness!! Love their sweet smiles! Your tortilla pizzas sound really good. I have some in the kitchen and think your idea is just what I need to use them up! I am so glad you are getting closer with your sister. A blessing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grands are getting so big and I totally love those pictures of them.

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Stealing

1. Who is your best friend and why? I am not really a "best friends" kind of person at this point in life. I have a few close fri...