Thursday, March 3, 2022

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday, as always, finds me linking back to blogging friend and host, Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's hand.

There is so much I am thankful for this week...

** Jasper is doing fine after his "procedure." You'd never know he'd had anything done. If anything he is stealing more of my socks than ever.

** My daughter finally got her sleep study done, though as of this writing I don't know how it went.

** The overwhelming kindness of my clients when I've told them I am not going to be working for the agency after next Wednesday. They have just said the sweetest things and really touched my heart.

** A few doors that have opened to possibly do some side work with my clients now and again when they need someone.

** Beautiful weather!

** Stepping outside in the mornings and hearing the birds singing.

** The growing relationship with my half-sister.

** Finding another entire set of books from a series my mom likes at Goodwill. I found the first set there before Christmas and gifted them to her since they were in like-new condition. They were cozy mysteries all set in the same yarn shop with the same characters, but each book was written by a different author. The new set is set in the same town as the first, but the backdrop is an antiques shop. Again, each book has a different writer. Mom loved them.

** Seeing groups of kids in the neighborhood. With no masks. It seems like it's been forever since they've run around together with their friends. I know the CDC says Pennsylvania's cases of covid continue to drop and our county is in their green ranking. Are we finally going to see a return to normal?

** Those new Coke machines in Wendy's that give me about 10 options for flavorings in my Diet Coke. I usually always opt for the cherry-vanilla, but still, it's nice all those options are there.

** The calendar is filling up fast this month so I won't have too much time to be sad about not working. So far there is a basket bash with my mom, a wedding, a soup and game night at church, and Colton's field trip to the National Aviary in Pittsburgh (I get to go because Megan is also taking Leah and Sarah, if she has her).

** Tim seems to be feeling a bit better these days with the exception of his shoulder. 

** Life is just GOOD right now, filled with people, experiences, and things that make me happy.

** Some things never change. I am always thankful for all of you.

9 comments:

  1. Life is good (which I have to remember) and I thank God everyday...have a beautiful day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had very pretty weather too. It's a nice time of year for us.
    Have a great day!
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHH - what is the book series???? You know I love a good book about yarn! LOL I kept all my books that revolve around knitting when I cleaned out my shelves

    What sleep study did your daughter do? Was she able to do the home one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to ask Mom the name of the books.i don't remember. My daughter had to sleep at the clinic for her test.

      Delete
  4. I need to check out those Wendy's Coke machines! BTW, what's a basket bash?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At a Basket Bash, you pay a set price for your entry ticket which has many tabs all printed with the same number. People donate baskets of merchandise, usually themed (beach, movie night, date, kitchen, holiday, etc.) and you rip off the tabs and put them in for the drawing on only the baskets you are interested in. There are usually extra special prizes you can buy tickets for and strip tickets and 50/50 tickets. Lots of organizations up here do these as fundraisers and people go NUTS, spending hundreds of dollars. I don't do that. Sometimes rather than baskets of stuff they will do designer purses, Longaberger baskets, or guns.

      Delete
  5. Sorry I am so far behind. I did not know you changed blogs and that you are leaving work. I'll have to go back and read what I missed.

    I love this post. It's so positive and thankful and I'm glad life is going well for you. Have fun with all your upcoming events.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life is good and our blessings abound!! Your thankful posts are always uplifting! I'm glad some of your clients are interested in hiring you privately now and then. Good contacts! The basket bash sounds like fun! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Stacy - Amen to all your gratitude. There is always much to be grateful for when we look for it. It is great to be able to take of the masks and breath a bit easier. So glad to hear that things are going well for you this week. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Stealing

Today's questions come from Swap-bot. You can join in the fun here . 1. What inspires you most?   My faith, my grandchildren and the int...