Friday, March 25, 2022

Saturday 9: Memories

Saturday 9: Memories (2019)

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) This song is a toast. Have you ever performed an official toast (at a wedding, a graduation, a retirement party, etc.)?
  No, I haven't had that privilege...not that I would be good at it.

2) According to Maroon 5 lead singer Adam Levine, this is a "toast to the ones here today." Tell us about someone in your life that you're especially grateful for.  That would be our daughter. She is rather high-maintenance with all her emotional issues, but she has a big heart and though I grumble about it, she refuses to allow me to follow my hermit tendencies as often as I'd like. Where I have always been an introvert and a bit of a loner, she doesn't accept that and visits often with the kids or bugs me to go places and do things. I would go out a lot less than I do if she wasn't around.

3) Levine is the song's composer. He said he was compelled to write it, to help him cope with the death of a friend. His lyrics acknowledge that "everybody hurts sometimes." What advice would you share with someone who is struggling?  I would share with them what Jesus has done for me and explain that He can and will do it for them, as well, if they only accept who He is, admit that they can't do this on their own, that they need Him, and ask for His help.

4) Adam Levine was one of the original judges on The Voice. Are you a fan of the show?  I've watched it a few times, but never really got into it.

5) Among his friends, Adam is known to be an excellent Scrabble player. Is there a game you're particularly good at (or you especially enjoy)?  Lately, I am hooked on Codenames.



6) Though he's a multi-Grammy winner, Adam wasn't always successful. In fact, he was fired after just three hours at his first job as a waiter. Have you ever had a job that just wasn't a good fit?  I don't think so.

7) In 2019, when this song was released, Joaquin Phoenix gave his Oscar-winning performance in Joker. Heath Ledger also won an Oscar for is portrayal of the same character in a different film, and Cesar Romero was The Joker on TV. Today The Batman is doing great business at the box office. Do you have a favorite super hero, or arch villain?  I've never really gotten into the whole superhero thing, but then came Jason Momoa as Aquaman...and suddenly he's not the lamest superhero ever.


8) Also in 2019, two familiar names had books on NY Times best seller list: John Grisham with The Guardians and Janet Evanovich with Twisted Twenty Six. Are either of these authors among your favorites?  Janet Evanovich is one of my top 5 favorite writers. I've kept up with all her series. In fact, I just ordered the first book in her new Gabriela Rose series, The Recovery Agent.

9) Random Question: What's something you wish you'd figured out earlier?  The need to plan for retirement.


Thanks goes, as always, to Sam over at the Saturday 9 for the music and questions.

9 comments:

  1. #2 -- I need to be coaxed out, too. I never want to go, but I'm always glad I went.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not seen Aquaman, but maybe I should! I agree, we wish we would have done a little more for our retirement and not just rely on our pension.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hubs and I have played Codenames Duet, but I don't know, I just didn't get it. It happens. We are loving YamSlam right now--I confess I like dice games more and more these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not heard of Code Names but if there is too much "thinking" and following what others do, I would not enjoy it. LOL Good answers, Stacy. I hope we get to meet in person some day!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a homebody also. I have a friend at work that tries to get me out. Those people are wonderful. Good for your daughter!
    #9! Yes! I did do a retirement seminar last year that talked about options for teachers. I will need to do it again though so I can better understand it. I really need someone to sit down with just me and my personal salary and tell me what my choices are. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am home alone far too much. I think Jason Momoa turned Aquaman into . . . wowza! LOL. Definitely a good-looking guy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So do you play Codenames in czech? (as the link tells us) I'd never heard of it. Is it like Trivial Pursuit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! No, it's in English. More like Password. Sort of.

      Delete
  8. Isn't that Momoa Dishie?
    I'm now a homebody but back in the day we went EVERYwhere and then some. I miss it.

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...