Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Thankful Thursday

This is a busy week. I've finally started the training for my new job and have there all day every day...and will continue to be there until I finish my training and begin working my part-time hours. Anyway, I'm posting my Thankful Thursday list a bit early, otherwise, it won't get posted until the end of the day tomorrow. I'm linking to blogging pal, Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand, though she has been MIA for the last week. I hope all is well in her world!


This week I am thankful...

** I am finally getting to train for my job. These first few days are not fun at all...all online classes (and tests!) and meetings with all the department managers, but by the end of the day Thursday I should be getting started with shadowing another caregiver and learning the hands-on, practical parts of the job.

** All of the staff at my job is so NICE. If you have worked in a nursing home, you know that's kind of not really the case a lot of the time. There's usually a ton of drama and backstabbing. None of the managers show any signs of being as nasty as the boss that drove me out of the other nursing home.

Just an "interesting" note. In going through all the training videos I'm learning that a majority of what that former boss insisted on with the residents and gave me such grief over...is NOT how things should be done. What a surprise. Not.

** My daughter has been on the job for nearly a week and she loves it. Her anxiety has not reared its head. She is so happy in this job she actually asked them to give her one more shift per week so she will be full-time. Such an answered prayer!

** That once I get through my training I will still have plenty of time to spend with Colton and Leah, because I saw Leah briefly last night and ohhhhh, the guilts and broken heart. She wanted to be with me so much and was so sad when I had to take her home so I could do what I needed to do. Ugh, I don't like that feeling at all so am glad I'll only be working 3 days a week for now and that in the evenings.

** I talked to my bio dad on the Fourth. It was nice to touch base and hear about what's going on in his life.

** Tim's hand, which I mentioned in my last post, seems to be okay. He must have just bruised it because it hasn't hurt at all the last two days.

** We got a LOT of rain this evening that gave us a brief respite from today's oppressive humidity. It will be back tomorrow, but tonight is cool and comfortable.

** I'm spending less and less time on social media...and I don't miss it. I've been reading more, watching some YouTube videos on simple/mindful living, journaling, doing my Bible studies, cooking more, swimming, and enjoying the grands. I like it. I feel less stressed, more relaxed, happier.

** The swimsuit I ordered from Amazon finally got here. It fits and I like it. I feel like I found the Holy Grail! lol If you are a woman, then you know what I mean when it comes to swimsuits. Finding one we don't hate is absolutely torturous!

** I'm thankful for all of you!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy. I love this Thankful post! Amen about swim suits. When you find one that's good it's a keeper for sure! So glad the new jobs are going well for both you and your daughter. Sounds like a week with many blessings. Sending love your way! See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you and your daughter that you are loving your jobs. I agree swimsuits can be a nightmare! lol For some reason I'm having problems getting into reading right now. Hopefully, my mojo will come back soon and I need the same thing for my crocheting too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad your daughter likes her job and that you are working through your training and are comfortable there! Glad Tim's had is okay now! I understand the swimsuit dilemma and know you are happy to find one you like. It is always an uplifting visit here and especially on Thankful Thursdays! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am glad you are loving the new job/place/people. Praying it will be a very happy place for both you and your daughter! I assume you will be on different shifts? A bathing suit! Oh, I haven't tried to fit into one in a long time...I don't even know where mine is, but I'm sure it won't fit. I can't imagine wearing one right now. But if we had someplace to go where there would be a place to swim in private, I would definitely get one. Just don't want to be out there in public. LOL. Glad Tim's hand is okay. Praying for you and the kiddos, etc. Everything will fall into place once you get into the routine again. Take care and enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Stealing

I'm still taking a break from blogging (and enjoying it). I still haven't decided what I'm going to do in the end, but I'm c...