Monday, July 11, 2022

Work & The Weekend

I'm up before the (butt) crack of dawn this morning because I am working from 7:00-3:00 today. I don't know what happens beyond that. My supervisor said we'd take a look at things and decide where to go after that.

Things went pretty well on Friday when I was on the floor. The residents were calm and there were no big problems. I was mostly shadowing another aide, but did do a little bit of "hands on." I hope I do more of that today so I feel more confident about some things.

Oh, I have to tell you! Remember that awful boss I had at the other nursing home I worked at? The one that was the main reason I quit? I had heard she had been fired and had moved to Florida to retire. Nope. There is an independent agency that does the hospice care at the home. Guess who the first hospice aide that walked through the door on Friday was? Yep. Her. She was all over-the-top friendly and chatty and kept trying to sell me on working for the agency she is with. Uh...no thanks. I can't find it in myself to trust her.

The bad part of Friday was the pain. My toes, my ankles, and my knees were KILLING me by the end of the day. I've got a few things up my sleeve to try and see if it gets any better. Say a few prayers for me, would you? I need to keep this job. It would be nice if I'm not in pain the whole time.

Saturday was a quiet day. Tim worked and Megan didn't so she and Cody kept the kids and took them to a local park for a picnic. They had a blast and went for a bike ride around the neighborhood when they got home.



 

I used the time alone to catch up on household chores like cleaning and laundry. Sigh. Someone has to do it. I did find some time to read and play on the computer, too.

Sunday morning I went to church for the first time in nearly a month! I missed Father's Day because I was cooking for our celebration and it was after that the text messages began to roll in that Covid was spreading like crazy through the church members. I stayed away the next two Sundays on purpose. Since I got a text last week saying it seemed everyone was either over Covid or on the mend, I went back to day. Attendance was down, but that could be people avoiding Covid or just normal summer absences due to vacations and such. Anyway, it was really nice to be back and catch up with a few people.

I spent yesterday afternoon in the pool with the kiddos. They had a blast and so did I but, whew!, I am worn out. Colton wants to do nothing but have splash battles and Leah wants to do nothing but jump off the steps and have me catch her....and Pappy doesn't do the pool.

That's all that's going on around here...at least until I talk to my supervisor today and see if/what I'm working this week.

Have a blessed and happy week, everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Love those pictures of the kiddos on their bikes! So cute and adorable little Leah with her Minnie Mouse helmet! Praying for you today to have a really good day, and that your feet, ankles, knees, etc. will not hurt and you will be just fine. God is with you and I pray He will keep you moving with ease. Glad you were able to get back to church. I know it's hard to miss it, but it's wise to stay away when there is so much sickness. I know I heard a lot of coughing yesterday in our church and I kind of cringed and prayed every time someone coughed. Please take care and have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy. Cute pictures of the Colton and Leah. Sounds like they love pool time with grandma! I know what you mean abou church. We go, but often where masks because there are so many people close together. Most people don't wear masks, but I really don't want to get sick this summer. Too many plans! I hope things continue to go well with the new job. Will pray that you can have help with the pain. I get that. I have arthritis pretty bad everywhere in my body - especially the feet. Hope you have a good week. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new job sounds promising! I am hoping you find some relief for your pain, please keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That girl is too stinkin' cute!!! Lifting prayers that your pain levels aren't too awful and this new chapter continues to feel right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funny to see you old boss walk into your new work! One of those OMG moments! Glad you had some down-time over the weekend and getting back to church was great. Attendance was down at my church on Sunday, too. Lots of folks on vacation. Have a good week, Stacy! Keeping you in my prayers for relief from your pain. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Saturday 9: Rocket Man

Hello! I decided to check in with you all again this week. Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it   here .   1) In this song, Elton J...