Saturday, August 27, 2022

Sunday Stealing: Upstream Life

Hi! I decided to join in with the Sunday Stealing fun this week, even though I am answering the questions late on Saturday and probably won't be able to get around to visit everyone until later in the day on Sunday. 

It's been a busy couple of days having a big garage sale with my mom and daughter, then hitting the county fair last night and babysitting the grands tonight. Our daughter has decided to open the garage sale for one more day tomorrow on her own (Mom said she isn't coming down from the ridge for it and I have to help staff the nursery at church) so once she shuts the doors we will have to load up what's left and either take it back home or drop it off for donation and put all the folding tables away. The good news for me is that sales of the stuff Tim and I put out were quite good and we won't have much to deal with.

Anyway...a long-winded way of saying I just wanted to do something fun and easy to relax for a bit before heading off to bed. So let's get to it!

Source of Questions
 1. Your favorite sport.  To watch, football. To participate in, bowling.

 2. A quote to live by.  My dad's number one rule   was  If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say   anything at all.

 3. A city in the US you would like to move to.  I   have   zero desire to live in a city. I'm a country girl at   heart   and I can deal with the suburbs or a small town,   but I   would not be happy living in a large city. I   wouldn't mind visiting San Antonio, Minneapolis, Charleston, or Boston.

4. 3 beautiful little things in your life.  My family, my church family, and books.

5. What made you laugh today?  My grandchildren being silly and laughing. They just fill me with joy.

6. A good deed you did today.  Our daughter is going to use the money she makes from the garage sale to help pay for a trip to take the kids to Ocean City next month. When she was somewhere else today I credited some of the sales of my stuff to her.

7. Activities you like to do when you are bored.  I don't actually get bored very often. I grew up an only child in rural areas with no other kids around except for at school or church. I'm also a bit of an introvert. So, I tend to be pretty okay with my own company and finding things to do. When I do get bored I tend to either read (which I do when I'm not bored), do mindless things like computer games, or if it's really bad, I'll try to find someone to go do something with.

8. Are you a procrastinator?  Mmm...let me get back to you on that one.

9. Your 
thoughts about dying.  I'm not in a big hurry to do it, but I'm not afraid of it, either. My faith comes with the belief in an afterlife. I believe I will be with God so I am looking forward to it even though I don't want to rush it.

10. What super power would like to have?  As I'm sitting here with all my aches and pains I'm thinking super strength or the ability to heal myself and others would be a good one.

11. Top 3 Netflix series.  Tim and I enjoyed The Ranch and I've liked Virgin River and Sweet Magnolias, Arrested Development, and Grace and Frankie
.
12. Things you want to do before you die.  Make a difference as much as I can, see my grandchildren grow up, live debt free.

13. Your biggest fears.  Ending up in a nursing home, snakes, and something happening to any of my family.

14. What makes you angry?  Let's just say the news and leave it at that so we don't have any arguments.

15. Do you listen to podcasts?  I watch the Robertson's podcast on YouTube. It's a Christian one. I enjoy the discussion and their perspective on things. I've seen a couple of others I'm going to get around to one of these days.

14 comments:

  1. I loved reading this post! You had a good day and another one planned tomorrow. I am Linda Chapman and I used RealTime user tonight and followed you here to your blog! I am now your newest follower. Looking forward to getting to know you better. Wondering if you are the Stacy I used to know.....?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, if the Stacy you knew was the one from "It's a Great Day to Be Alive" it's me. I moved to a new blog a few months back. My ADD kicked in and I needed a change of scenery. lol But even if I'm not the Stacy you're thinking of, I'm glad you're here! I check in with your blog posts a couple of times a week.

      Delete
  2. I love that your dad taught you "Thumper's Law". That's a really good quote to live by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, I don't think I realized that was Thumper's Law! I haven't seen Bambi in forever. It doesn't seem to be a movie my grands watch. My dad pounded it into my head because his dad taught it to him.

      Delete
  3. #1. I guess you mean American Football?

    Snakes - I hate snakes too - it's irrational as I have never actually met one (apart from in a zoo when it was safely tucked away behind glass).

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do mean American football. Specifically, Pittsburgh Steeler's football. I have met snakes in the wild, but I'd be terrified of them even if I hadn't. Nasty things! (((shudder)))

      Delete
  4. Apparently we procrastinate in the same way. I am glad your garage sale went well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to bowl until my left knee gave way. And I was pretty good, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am absolutely awful at it, but it's fun.

      Delete
  6. I love to bowl...unfort...with arthritis setting in, sigh...anyways...hope you have a beautiful week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, yeah....I pay for it with pain when I do bowl.

      Delete
  7. I loved Virgin River too!! I enjoyed your answers and am glad your garage sale went so well, Stacy!! Have a good week ahead, even in all the busyness! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the successful garage sale!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had a successful garage sale. My friend and I had a fun day yard sale shopping yesterday. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...