I'm linking up with the Wednesday Hodgepodge today to talk about "back to school."
1. August is National Back To School Month...how does that make you feel? Share a back-to-school memory. Since I gave up driving a school bus and my kids are grown with kids of their own, back to school doesn't really bring about much change in my life. It does bring the shift in my thinking to fall, though.
This year might be a bit bittersweet since our grandson, who lives next door and is a daily part of our lives, starts kindergarten. Also, depending on how things go with our daughter's work and me finding a job, I may be the one either getting him on or off the bus. I hope he has a good experience with school.
As an only child who always lived in rural areas until my teens, I loved school when I was a kid. I also liked getting there. The first couple of years of my school career I rode to another district with my mom because she was the librarian there. I still remember all the talking and singing we did.
2. Something you've learned in 'the school of life'? You have no control over what anyone else says or does. All you have control over is how you respond to it.
3. Three words to describe your current mood. Thoughtful. Relaxed. Motivated.
4. A summer food you've eaten too much of/are tired of? A summer food you haven't had enough of? I haven't had too much of any summer food and I haven't had enough of corn-on-the-cob, fresh cantaloupe, tomato sandwiches, and White House ice cream.
5. What small stuff do you sweat that you know you shouldn't? When my husband uses something and then just leaves it and doesn't put it back. I know it doesn't matter, but it just drives me nuts like nothing else.
6. Insert your own random thought here. I've lost my mind and decided my mom, our daughter, and I should have a garage sale (not this coming weekend, but the next one). I'm really trying to make hard decisions and get rid of a lot of stuff. I'm tired of clutter. I guess I've become that older person ahead of schedule and I'm getting rid of stuff. Giving it to family, selling it, donating it. I'm just tired of....stuff.