Friday, October 21, 2022

Blog Challenge: Day 21

It's another gorgeous fall day here...sunny and near 70 degrees...and it's only going to get better Saturday and Sunday. I kept Leah this morning so Megan could get some medical tests done and apply for a job at a local nursing home. It was so good to see Leah come through the door smiling and happy.

Yesterday when I picked Leah up from school, the teachers brought her out to me first. She was not feeling well at all. She was asleep before I even got off the school grounds and before we got home she got sick all over herself and her car seat. She was just completely out of it so Megan and I took her to MedExpress to get checked out (they are in the process of switching pediatricians and the paperwork hasn't gone through completely). They found both of her ears were pretty seriously infected and started her on antibiotics. She slept straight through the night and while still congested and doing a bit of coughing, she obviously feels a lot better. Thanking the Lord for that! I don't think there is anything worse than when a little one is sick.

Today's prompt:  Share 5 things you need to do less often.
  1. Procrastinate.
  2. Say "yes" to all my daughter's demands for help.
  3. Waste time on the laptop.
  4. Eat out.
  5. Give in to impulse buys.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy. So glad to hear that Leah is now feeling better. I hope that Megan can find a good job that she will enjoy. These daily blog post challenges are fun to read. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about sweet Leah being sick. I do hope she is better tonight. Saying a little prayer for her and for Megan and for you. You are all under a lot of pressure it seems. Your daughter is fortunate to have you so close, but yes, I can understand that sometimes we have to let our kids figure things out for themselves. But I know your heart is always there to help. We mostly lived far away from our parents when our kids were little. Sometimes I wish we could've stayed closer to home because they missed out on being with the grandparents a lot, but on the other hand I never got too dependent on them and had to stand on my own two feet. It was hard, but we survived. But you are blessed to be able to enjoy your sweet grandchildren. Again, we only got to be with our one grandson a couple of times a year since they lived so far away. Now he's 23 and we rarely hear from him. I miss him. Oh well, that's life. We have to make the most of whatever life brings our way. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...