Saturday, October 22, 2022

Saturday 9: Things

Saturday 9: Things (1962)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Bobby Darin is sitting beside his window, looking out onto a crowded avenue. What's the view outside your nearest window?  Our front yard, the street that goes by, and our neighbors' home....oh, and all the mess from the work on the neighborhood's drainage problem.
 
2) He likes to remember the romantic things he and his girl used to do, like walking in the park. When did you most recently go for a leisurely stroll? Did you have a destination in mind, or were you just enjoying the walk for its own sake?  I guess it was a couple of weeks ago when Tim and I took the grands for a walk around the neighborhood. If we had a destination I guess it was getting back home after our stroll through the neighborhood.

3) He notes a couple holding hands. Are you comfortable displaying affection in public?  Yes, it doesn't bother me.
 
4) When Bobby recorded this song, he was married to screen sweetheart Sandra Dee. Today she is best known as the inspiration for the song, "Look at Me, I'm Sandra Dee." Can you name another song from Grease?  Summer Lovin', Beauty School Drop-out, Greased Lightning, We Go Together, Hand Jive, You're the One that I Want... Grease was a huge hit when I was a senior in high school and it's still one of my favorite films.

5) Bobby loved gadgets. He was enthusiastic about his suitcase telephone, which was one of the first mobile phones. Are you an early adapter, or do you wait for new technology to be around awhile and not so new before you try it?  It depends on how interested I am in it. Some things I will jump right on and others I hang back on.
 
6) He was a chess fanatic and always kept a magnetic chess board in his briefcase, just in case he found someone who was willing to play him. Are you a good chess player?  I am not even a bad chess player. I've never learned to play.
 
7) He very much wanted to play Tony in West Side Story, but he didn't the part because the producers didn't think he looked like a romantic leading man. What actor or actress makes your heart skip a beat?  My two favorites are:

Jason Momoa

Kyle Chandler


 
8) In 1962, when this song was popular, Jack Nicklaus launched his successful golf career. Do you enjoy playing golf, or watching it on TV?  I'm not a big fan. I have played and I used to be pretty good. I hate watching it on TV, though.

9) Random question: Which would we find in your kitchen right now -- cookies or ice cream?  Neither one. Sorry.

Play along here.

12 comments:

  1. I forgot Kyle Chandler! Yes, he makes me sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, Jason Momoa... do you like him with his haircut? I still love Grease, too. Always will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he's still a hottie but I do like the hair!

      Delete
  3. Fun questions and I enjoyed your answers this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kyle Chandler--I forgot about him. I used to love Early Edition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Jason Momoa. He is a hottie. Whew. I need a drink now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You picked some handsome youngsters! I'm still going for Sam Elliott! Another fun Saturday 9!! Have a blessed Sunday! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, at 43 I guess Jason is a youngster, but Kyle is only a year younger than me.

      Delete
  7. Good for you for not having any cookies or ice cream! It seems like we always have cookies. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am also a hater of golf, to play it .. but miniature golf and pitch and putt are fun. Oh, yes, Jason Momoa is pretty Hunky alright. I'm right there with you about chess, too. What a Stupid game! lol Sort of like Golf without all the walking.

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Stealing

I'm still taking a break from blogging (and enjoying it). I still haven't decided what I'm going to do in the end, but I'm c...