Friday, October 7, 2022

Saturday 9: Love Sneakin' Up on You

Saturday 9: Love Sneakin' Up on You (1994)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) The song begins with Bonnie Raitt waiting anxiously for a call. If your phone were to ring right now, who would you expect to be on the other end?  I'm answering this Friday evening so I'd expect it to be my daughter since my husband is home. She is the only one who calls later in the evening unless something is wrong.
 
2) She likens trying to avoid love to trying to stop the rain. Is rain expected where you are this weekend?  It rained today, but I don't believe any is predicted over the weekend. It is, however, supposed to drop to freezing tomorrow night!
 
3) Bonnie was accepted by Radcliffe College but once she got there, she decided higher education wasn't for her and she dropped out to become a performer. Tell us about something you're not sorry you walked away from.  Any of my former jobs. All had reached a point where they were not beneficial to me any longer.

4) Bonnie's father was Broadway star John Raitt. Because of his career, the family was based on the East Coast. Once Bonnie got out to the West Coast, she realized she felt more at home and settled in the San Francisco area. Today, do you live far from where you grew up?  No. I grew up in various places in Pennsylvania and now I live next to my mom's home, the one I spent my teenage years in. I'm only 2 1/2 - 3 hours from the furthest place I lived.

5) Prince invited Bonnie to his home, Paisley Park, to discuss working together. The project never happened, but she treasures the memory of her time with a musician she greatly admired. What's your favorite Prince song?  



 
6) When she's on the road, Bonnie likes to order Thai food. What's for dinner tonight at your house?  We had pierogies and leftover meatballs that I had taken to my small group meeting last night. The little ones in the sauce made of grape jam and barbecue sauce.

7) In 1994, when this song was popular, ER debuted and became a big hit for NBC. Do you enjoy doctor shows?  Not really. I never got into ER, Scrubs, or St. Elsewhere.

8) Also in 1994, Olympic figure skating hopeful Nancy Kerrigan was the victim of an attack. Her rival was rumored to be involved. Without looking it up, do you remember the name of that rival?  Tonya (Tanya?) Harding
 
9) Random question -- Which famous Tom would you rather be seated beside at dinner: Tom Cruise, Tom Jones, or Tom Brady?  I'm not particularly interested in sitting by any of those choices, but if I absolutely had to sit by one I guess I'd rather it be Tom Cruise. I'd probably be able to find more to talk about with him than the others.

Thanks to Sam at the Saturday 9 for the music and questions!

8 comments:

  1. Interesting answers to the questions. I would probably want to sit by Tom Cruise too. I would have no interest in the other Toms. We don't watch doctor shows either. The only show I watch regularly is Dateline. I am kind of crime junkie. ;-) I hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pierogies and meatballs sounds terrific. Especially because the meatballs were leftovers. I hate wasting food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #6 I like Pierogis, the city next door has a large Polish population with a lot of Polish restaurants. At work when we had potluck luncheons there were always a large assortment of Pierogis. To me they reminded me of ravioli.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leftovers are great, because you don't have to cook. I sometimes wish I lived next door to a cafeteria. I would eat there all the time instead of cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't had Pierogis in a very long time! I chose Tom Jones because he's had such longevity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just read a book where they cooked a lot of pierogies. I need to google them. I hadn't even heard of them. #2...I had to bring in my mums last night because of cold temperatures. I am happy for the colder temps though. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't had pierogies in a long time. I actually wanted to go into the medical field. But fear of math and failing made me change my major to the social field. After working for the Dept. of Social Services in my senior year of college, I decided to stay at the postal service and start my family. If I had to do it all over again, I would have gone into the medical field.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun questions and I enjoyed your answers! I've never had a pierogie. Perhaps I need to find them somewhere and give them a try!! Have a great Sunday and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...