Thursday, December 1, 2022

Thankful Thursday

Happy 1st day of December! Is it just me or has this year flown by? And now here we are at the start of the Christmas season so things will just keep right on speeding up and flying by. My hope for my family and yours is that we can all carve out some time to really be in the moment and enjoy the important things of the season. That's a big hope for me as life has been crazy busy lately. So busy that I haven't been spending much time online and I'm feeling a bit out of touch with everyone. I miss you guys!

Even though life is busy, there is always time to give thanks to God (and anyone else who has done something for us) for the abundant good things that fill our days.

This week finds me thankful for...

** the early arrival of the cardboard animals I ordered for the church's Christmas program. I was worried they'd be late and they came much earlier than promised. I'm so excited to see how the nearly life-sized camel, bull, and donkey look set up at church. I'm also thankful the donkey is intact after seeing the condition of the box it came it. It kind of looks like Bigfoot took a bite out of it!

** the ease with which the Christmas column decorating is coming together at work. Today we got the top half decorated with our "interpretation" of the tree lot from a Charlie Brown Christmas. Over the next day or two we'll get the bottom half done with Charlie, Snoopy, and the gang. Early opinions have been very favorable....I hope that means our team will win. Going out to lunch with the big boss is a much coveted activity for the consumers we work with. And I wouldn't complain about a two-hour lunch break!

** finally getting everything sorted out with Tim's insurances and benefits through work. I so hate doing all that and love the guy, but he's no help. He did actually go to the meeting this year, but I don't think he paid attention. He had to make several calls yesterday to get it done before today's deadline.

** seeing Christmas through Colton and Leah's eyes. Having children around sure helps you see all the joy and excitement.

** the connection I've made with one special young man at work. He is severely disabled. He can't really sort papers, though they sit him at a table. He doesn't do anything when he is in the adult training facility. He makes noises and bangs on tables, but can't speak words. In the few times I've been with him he has responded to me like he doesn't with anyone else. He responds to kindness and touch. He grabs me every chance he gets for a hug. If he can't get a hug he pulls my hand to his cheek and I pat him while he leans into my hand. I discovered yesterday that "skittering" my fingernails across the table toward him made him smile and laugh. It just swells my heart to be able to do something that brings him joy.

** rarely having to work in the shredding department at work so I'm not often on my feet all day on the concrete. My feet are REALLY happy about that!

** getting the outside Christmas lights up before the weather changed.

** my cozy home.

** Muk-Luk socks. Seriously. They aren't fuzzy, but they are so soft and toasty...the nicest socks I've ever had!

** my faith, my family, and my friends.

** my old girl, Daisy, who is my constant shadow.

** and, as always, each of you!



.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy. Glad to hear that things are coming together both with your Christmas program and the decorating at work. Insurance can be a pain in the you-know-what, but it is oh so necessary, so I am glad you got TIm's squared away for another year. I almost bought some Muk-Luks for my mom and sister for Christmas last night. It's good to know that you really like them. Maybe I will get them Muk-Luks after all! I hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to chuckle at the "he didnt pay attention" - that's just most men in general, isn't it??? WHYYY!!!

    I feel like I want cardboard animals now just to sit out at my house for the holidays! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your list and hearing about how things are going for you. I'm so glad you are liking your job and that that young man seems to have a connection with you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that things are coming together for the Christmas program/animals/etc. That sounds wonderful! And the decorating of the column at work sounds promising as well. I am glad you are enjoying your work. I will pray for you and for the people you work with, especially the man who responds to you...praying for him. We just don't fully understand what it feels like to be in their shoes. Praying for you that God will give you strength and wisdom in all areas. Muk Luks? They sound nice and warm. Now that we have no carpet in most of our house, I am looking for warm things to wear, although I do wear my shoes most of the time because I need the support.. But those floors are cold at night when I get up to go to the bathroom...I wear socks most of the time. It's an adjustment, but we are so glad we did it. Take care my friend and stay happy and healthy and safe. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you with your new job and how well it is going. The clients are blessed to have you and I have my fingers crossed that your column will win that big lunch!! Christmas is much more fun with little ones. I agree!! Have a good Friday and blessed weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stacy, I enjoyed my visit here today! I am happy to hear you have made a special connection with that young man. I am thankful for you too!

    ReplyDelete

Is This the End? Maybe.

A long time ago (it's been more than 20 years!) a young-ish wife and mother discovered the world of blogging. Blogging was in its infanc...