Sunday, March 5, 2023

Currently...

52*/Sunny

Watching...some show about earthquakes on Netflix. I could have watched anything all day because Tim worked and the kids went away for the weekend, but something was up with the Roku connection and I had to wait for our daughter and son-in-law to get back and come fix it. Now Tim is due at any minute so there's no point in getting involved in something.

Listening...to nothing. The house and the neighborhood are quiet today.

Feeling...great, excited, purposeful, accomplished, inspired...take your pick. It's been a great day. 

At church, rather than a normal service, the elders had one of their question and answer sessions. People can submit questions at any time by dropping them in the offering box and then once a quarter the elders will do their best to answer. I love those sessions and learn a lot during them. 

I've been wanting to get more involved at church and today I got started with a ministry to send cards to shut-ins and those who may just need a pick-me-up at any time. I also got a list of area businesses to call about donations to A Very Special Prom, the "prom" for adults with special needs in our community (physical and intellectual disabilities). This is the first time the prom is being held since Covid changed the world. My church has always stepped up and done the majority of the organizing and preparation. I'm excited to participate.

Finally, I took a huge step this afternoon. I met a woman from the next town over, a friend of a friend and a pastor's wife. She is a health coach for a weight loss program whose name is still a mystery to me. Her personal success is what first attracted me. She has lost over 100 pounds since 2020. Also impressive is all the people she has coached who have also had great success on the program. And these are local people not anonymous people from Kalamazoo or some such place. The program is pricey but the success of all those verifiable people can't be denied and it's designed to wean you from the program back into choosing normal foods in the right way. Plus, the woman is your personal coach. She is in contact with you every single day and you can contact her at any time. All of her clients meet online for a weekly meeting to share stories and there's a private Facebook page for them, too. Anyway, I'm really excited to get started on this and I'll be posting about it once my starter package arrives and I get started on it.

Looking forward to...going to a huge basket bash next Sunday with Mom, my daughter, and a friend of mom's. Those are always a fun time. This one is a fundraiser for a small town library that is totally funded by donations and fundraising and staffed entirely by volunteers! As a former librarian it is one of Mom's pet charities and we both make the drive to it a few times a year to support them via their used book sales.

Loving...the sunny weather after Friday's nonsense.

Thankful...that when the sun came up yesterday and we got out to take a good look around, our damage from the wind was slight. Once stuff was cleaned up out of the yard, the worst we had was a couple of small scratches on Tim's truck and a few shingles to replace. The kids had more damage with shingles blown off, gutters bent or blown off, the shed destroyed, and the smashed trampoline that also caused extensive damage to our sil's father's truck that was in their driveway. But the kid's bikes and toys that were in the shed are okay, the houses are still standing, no trees fell on anything, and most importantly, no one was hurt.

Tonight's menu...tacos.

This week...

  • Calling businesses about donations.
  • Seeing the podiatrist on Wednesday about this business with my ankle.

5 comments:

  1. Your good mood is infectious! This whole post has me smiling. I'm cheering you on your weight loss journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy! Good job on getting involved in some wonder ministries at your church. The weight loss program sounds just right for you. It seems that God is leading you in the right direction for you and your health! You have a busy week planned, with some fun and interesting activities - like the fundraiser for the library. So glad that no one was hurt in the big storm and that damage was minimal. I love reading your always upbeat posts. Have a great week! See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound excited! About church, your health, your family, your LIFE!!!
    Go, Stacy, GO!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Church sounds so wonderful. And what a splendid, thoughtful idea to send mail / cards to shut-ins. That's super sweet. God bless you, and all the others participating, for that. So thoughtful. I miss getting 'snail mail'. It was always special to receive a letter or card. That's a happy memory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am happy to read your damages aren't too serious from the wind storm. I am also happy you found such a great church, Stacy! Keep us posted about the weight loss program! I am getting my head around starting another low carb diet. I need to lose the 30 pounds I've gained in two years. Too much comfort food. Sigh. xo

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...