Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Thankful Thursday

There's lots to be thankful for this week!

** No major damage in last Friday night's big wind storm.

** Taking the plunge and signing on with a weight loss program.

** Reconnecting with my elementary school bestie through a Facebook group.

** Not quite as much pain on Tuesday...thanks to using my custom inserts, wearing an ankle stabilizer, and not lacing my shoe all the way. Oh, and making sure I took the maximum allowable amount of Aleve.

** The podiatrist confirmed the pain in my ankle isn't anything too serious. It's tendonitis caused by overuse. Not much I can do about that given my Tuesday work schedule, but he gave me a steroid prescription to clear up the inflammation. After that there are some tips to help reduce it so it doesn't get this bad again.

** Continued mild weather and a decent amount of sunshine.

** I'm sleeping a little bit better than I have in quite a while.

** My husband, my family, my friends, and all of you.

I am blessed!



4 comments:

  1. Wonderful blessings and I'm glad the podiatrist was able to help you some. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about the ankle pain. I pray you heal soon. Steroids (prednisone) was prescribed for the bursitis that's ravaging through my right hip. Been packing it with ice too. That really helps. Oh, and stretching exercises. It still keeps getting inflamed from time to time. This growing old isn't for sissies. *lol*
    Glad the storm(s) did no harm. There's been a lot of wind storms lately. 'Tis the season though. Thank heavens there's been no tornado's. Those things scare me!
    Blessings to you all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting enough sleep is so important! Glad that is working better for you. Good luck with getting that ankle inflammation settled and making it easier for you to be on your feet. I am thankful for you, too!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stacy, glad you hear your are getting help for your foot. Sleep is so important. So how is your weight program going? I have a few friends that are using some program and doing well. It is big on accountability, but it cost money. Our weather has been crazy with lots of rain. We need the rain here, but our mountains have gotten too much. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...