Saturday, March 25, 2023

Sunday Stealing: You Tube

Today's questions are from a YouTube video that no longer exists. We're glad you found them before they disappeared, Bev!

1. Working on anything exciting lately?  Losing weight and living a healthier lifestyle, but I don't know how exciting that is.

2. What was the highlight of the day today?  Today being Saturday, I'd have to say it was having nothing in particular to do. I putzed around doing little bits of this and that and a whole lot of nothing. The afternoon was devoted to reading and napping. It was good that it was a day to relax because I woke up to find spring allergies have arrived. Yay.

3. What is your favorite thing to do on the weekends?  When I get the chance, I enjoy going to auctions and thrift stores. My grandfather was a "picker" long before anyone heard of American Pickers and auctions, flea markets, and the like are things my family has always done. 

4. What are your favorite restaurants?  I honestly don't have a favorite. We like to try different places but, sadly, the restaurants around here are good, but there really isn't a standout.

5. Do you follow any sports?  I used to follow pro football religiously, but my husband didn't grow up in a household that followed sports and after 38 years with him I've gotten away from it.

6. What is your biggest fear?  Snakes. Hate them. Loathe them. Terrified of them.

7. What is your biggest regret?  Giving in to my husband and son concerning the boy going off to school in Pittsburgh. I knew it was not a good idea.

8. When you were growing up, what was your dream job?  Oh my goodness, I went through so many phases. Some of them were interior design, architect, social worker, archaeologist, and magazine publisher.

9. Do you say ‘sherbet’ or ‘sherbert’?  I'm from southwestern Pennsylvania where we eat "shur-bert."

10. Have you ever had a paranormal experience?  I've had experiences with no ready explanation.

11. What is your favorite food at a cocktail party?  I don't go to cocktail parties so I have no idea. Do they serve the same foods at all cocktail parties?

12. Who is a book character most like you?  I'm going to go with Stephanie Plum. She's not living the life she expected to live, life throws her lots of curves which she sometimes handles with grace, but quite often not. Quirky people populate her life. She does the best she can with what she's got and is surprised when things work out and she finds that she kind of likes the life she ended up with.

13. Do you read reviews before you go to movies??  Not beyond wanting to know a general synopsis of what it's about. I don't put much stock in the opinions of others when it comes to entertainment because I usually love what the critics hate and hate what they love.

14. How do you feel about cilantro?  I don't particularly have any feelings about it.

15. Have you ever cried in public?  I don't think beyond the occasional funeral or wedding. I'm not much of a crier at all.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a relaxing weekend with nothing in particular to do. Sometimes that is the best kind of weekend. Glad to know that your new "get healthy" program is going well. So important! It is always fun to read your answers. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my wife's lack of enthusiasm has dulled my sports watching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1 -- I think your diet journey is very interesting and I'm pulling for you.
    #9 -- Here in Chicagoland we're the same. I've never actually heard anyone in real life say, "shur-bet."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I say shur-bert. LOL---ANYWAYS, wishing you a beautiful week ahead. smile

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am rooting for you on the diet journey! I might say shur-bert, too. It's not a word I use a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy watching sports with someone, not by myself, but my husband always watches upstairs, so I rarely watch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sher-bert. I would love some now, thank you. My hubby loves sports of all kinds, but I can take them or leave them, which I usually do...leave them. I can sit here at my computer and write/read, etc. while he enjoys his games on TV. That works for me. May God continue to help you with your diet, and I will keep praying for your son. It's not too late for change. God is able.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stacy, I enjoyed your post today! Wishing you a blessed week ahead!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Stacy, I say sher bert. I liked coconut Sherbert when I was younger. I don't eat ice cream often since it is so full of sugar. I hate cilantro! My mom didn't either so I never saw it in our home while growing up. I hate snakes too!

    ReplyDelete

Is This the End? Maybe.

A long time ago (it's been more than 20 years!) a young-ish wife and mother discovered the world of blogging. Blogging was in its infanc...