Thursday, April 13, 2023

Currently...

The Weather

It's 9:00 p.m. and the temperature is still 72 degrees. It was sunny all day and tomorrow promises to be more of the same. Rain is coming and cooling us down just a bit on Saturday.


Reading

Book Lovers, the third Emily Henry book I've read. It's probably my least favorite of them all, but it's still funny with really witty dialogue.


Watching

It's Thursday evening so I'm glued to my favorite reality shows...Swamp People followed by Serpent Invasion.


Listening

The AC is humming away and I can just make out the sound of the spring peepers.


Thinking

Tim saw the doctor this afternoon. He got a bunch of bloodwork done and the doctor used his cell phone to do some type of sonogram on his side. He says Tim's gallbladder looks like it's enlarged so he has to go for a "real" sonogram. His blood pressure is up, as well. They gave him something for pain, told him to check his BP at home, and he has to go back in a month.


Loving

The new living room arrangement. We had to move things around when Tim put the AC unit in the window last night so nothing would be blocking the air flow. I didn't think I liked it, but in actually living in the space I'm finding it works very well for us.


Feeling

I am in moderate pain.  This past Tuesday was a really rough day at work and I was in a lot of pain at the end of it. I barely slept that night because my feet and hips were hurting so that I couldn't get comfortable. It has eased some, but I just don't seem to be bouncing back this week. I have decided I need to break out the exercises they gave me a couple of years ago when I went to physical therapy. They helped then so I hope they will now. I'm also trying to keep those carbs down so as not to aggravate any inflammation.


Celebrating

Our son-in-law's birthday was Tuesday. I know it was a rough one for him. He marked the one year anniversary of his brother's death just the day before. Everyone tried to make it a happy time for him.


Grateful

Our daughter mowed our grass yesterday. That was such a big help as I am just not up to it right now.


Enjoying

The lengthening hours of daylight. It's now 8:00 before it gets dark and we are getting a few things done after work now instead of hibernating.


Giggling

One of the folks I work with (she is such a funny person) told us this joke at work today.

Q: How many wives can a man have?

A: 16...4 better, 4 worse, 4 richer, 4 poorer!


A thought



3 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy. So sorry to hear that you are in pain. I hope the exercises help you. I also hope that your husband feels better soon. Enjoy the end of the week and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about the pain! Wish I could help. I have bursitis in my right hip and right now it's burning like fire. I can't move around and that drives me nuts. *lol* Keeping the carbs down is always a good call. As you know, carbs turn into sugar and it inflames our arteries, muscles, etc. We get too much of it in modern society. I've had to do that also. Praying for us both to heal soon. This growing old is not for sissies. Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just am so sorry that you are in pain and that Tim is also having trouble with pain. Hoping you can relax some this weekend. Starting the exercises you learned in therapy sounds like a good plan. Please keep us posted. Sending some love, hugs, and prayers your way. xo

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...