Friday, April 14, 2023

Saturday 9: Danny's Song

Saturday 9: Danny's Song (1972)


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Anne Murray sings that she thinks she's going to have a son. Is anyone in your life expecting a baby?  Yes. We just learned one of our nieces is due in June.

2) Back in the 1970s, when this song was popular, parents had to wait until their baby was born to know the gender. Today moms and dads can learn within the first few months whether they're expecting a son or daughter. Do you prefer it this way? Or would you rather not know in advance if you are welcoming a boy or girl into your family?  After thinking about it, I guess it really doesn't matter to me. I chose not to know the sex of my own kids, but it doesn't bother me if people want to know ahead of time.
 
3) Anne is so popular in her native Canada that her face graced commemorative postage stamps. What's the last piece of mail you affixed a stamp to and mailed?  I mailed out some Easter cards to shut-ins from my church last week.

4) She began taking voice lessons at 15. She was so serious about it she took a 50-minute bus ride each way to her classes. What extracurricular activities captured your attention when you were in high school?  The school newspaper, basketball, softball, and Civil Air Patrol.
 
5) She studied physical education at the University of New Brunswick and upon graduation taught PE for a year. Did you enjoy gym class?  Yes. I loved sports when I was younger and was very competitive.

6) Every spring and summer, Anne's fans travel to Nova Scotia and The Anne Murray Centre. There they can see exhibits and memorabilia from her long career, including her Grammy Awards and gold records. If we were to display memorabilia reflecting the highlights of your life, what items should we include?  Things from my high school and college days, wedding items, family things, memories about my years in youth ministry, the first school bus I drove, and I don't even know what to commemorate my years in memory care and with those who have intellectual disabilities.
 
7) In 1972, the year this record was popular, Popeyes opened their first chicken restaurant. Today there are more than 3700 locations in 30 countries. Is chicken on the menu at your house this week?  We are at the end of this week and it's not on Saturday's menu. Maybe it will make the cut next week.

8) Also in 1972, latch hook rug kits were all the rage. With pre-cut yarn, a latch hook, and a printed pattern, "hookers" could make wall hangings, pillow covers, and throw rugs. Are you into arts and crafts?  Not so much. I do have several latch hook kits around that need to be done. I've also become the crafts person at work which is really surprising even to me.

9) Random question: If you were offered the position of mayor of your town, would you take it?  Absolutely not!

Thanks to Crazy Sam for the music and questions!
Join in the fun here.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy. I was also on my high school newspaper. My oldest daughter was in Civil Air Patrol. We only knew the gender of our youngest before he was born and we were all over the moon excited that we were having another boy - so we had two girls and two boys! I hope you have a very good weekend and have an opportunity to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy reading all the answers and getting to know more about other bloggers. Lovely that you mailed out those cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been a school newspaper girl too. We didn't have Civil Air Patrol. In fact I have no idea what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #3 My aunt’s church did that also and it brighten my aunt’s day when she received them from the kids.
    #4 When I visit some friends I have to drive by the small regional airport and the CAP planes are all lined up by the fence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Through the years I've had students active in CAP, but not many lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. #2 ~ I'm with you on that. I don't see what it matters what sex a child is. The one thing I am tired of is these Gender Reveals. Won't say why.
    #9 ~ Neither would I! I'd make a fine mess of it to be sure.
    I enjoyed the post. Y'all have a great Saturday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you sent Easter cards to shut ins. I bet they loved that so much. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad you liked sports too like me. I loved playing basketball, but a work injury in my 20's and 30's ruined it for me. Repetitive action with raising my arm above my shoulder really bothers my shoulder and neck. I can't even play bunco. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did the school newspaper in middle school, but we didn't have one in high school. Just the annual committee and I forgot about being on that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We didn't have a school newspaper. Sounds interesting! I enjoyed your answers, Stacy. Have a blessed Sunday! xo

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...