Sunday, April 30, 2023

Saying Goodbye to April

Hi, everyone!

First of all, let me say I'm sorry I didn't get around to visit everyone who commented on my Saturday 9 post. I only did it because I thought I'd have time...I'll get to that story. This weekend has just been crazy busy.

Saturday dawned gray and damp, but warm. I was out the door by 9:30 to make the hour-long drive to pick up the client I was taking to the Very Special Prom. We were the first to arrive by a few minutes even though the drive back was just as long since the prom venue is just half a mile from my house. We checked in and waited patiently for the doors to open, visiting with others. Guests entered the prom in the order they arrived because each special guest got introduced as they entered and walked the red carpet to applause from the "paparazzi."

The red carpet and some of the waiting "paparazzi."

Once inside the female guests found volunteer hairstylists and make-up artists waiting to work their magic.



My client looked beautiful already but enjoyed the pampering.




After getting the royal treatment guests were free to enjoy the food, visit with friends, dance to the music provided by our awesome DJ, Barnacle Benny, and have portraits taken in front of the green screen (sea life added by computer). The decorations were amazing. As Donna, the woman from my church in charge of them, said..."I've had this planned for four years so there was plenty of time to tweak it." This was to have been the 2020 prom, but we all know how that year went.


Here are some of the faces I know and love from work (it's okay...the photos will be up on Facebook and the video on YouTube soon from those in charge of the event).











All went well and I got my client home safe and sound and was home a little after 4:00 to enjoy going for pizza with Tim and our grandson.

At 6:00 I received a phone call from one of the organizers who was in a panic. A man who is a client (not of mine, but I know him) showed up without a caregiver (an absolute written-in-stone MUST) because he wanted to be with his girlfriend. He had paid someone to drive him there and drop him off. He lives in senior housing and is mostly independent so it's hard to get him to play by the rules. He is a nice enough guy and not dangerous or anything, but the organizers couldn't be responsible for him and they were afraid they wouldn't be able to get him to leave when the prom was over (did I mention there are always two proms, an early and a late one?). Since I knew him I agreed to go back to the prom and deal with him. It was tough to convince him to call for his ride but he finally did and he left right on time. Whew! 

Today I went to church where the theme was about everyone being fearfully and wonderfully made and they showed a quickly thrown together video from the prom (not the one that will make YouTube). There were also two separate missionaries speaking before Pastor's message about everyone having worth. Thank goodness we have a system in the nursery that allows us to listen in because I was taking my turn in there today and the twin girls who were there are firmly in the stage of wanting only their mom. They cried so hard and never stopped until they fell asleep. After that it was just a matter of my teenage assistant and I rocking them until Mom came back.

I got home from church in time to go with Tim to meet up with his sister and her husband for lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant. It was good to see them. She is the sister that is my age and we haven't seen her face to face since her cancer diagnosis. We have been staying away lest we take any germs to her...with the kiddos here all the time you never know. She is doing very well and they have cut her chemo dose in half and she was feeling strong enough to take the chance. After dinner with them we did a bit of grocery shopping before coming home. We weren't home long before our daughter and the grands knocked on the door and stayed to visit us for a while.

So, yeah, it's been busy. I didn't even get laundry done or the kitchen cleaned up. I need a vacation to catch up on my chores!

That's all that's happening around here. I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed week.

And remember: 

Everyone is special so make someone feel special today!

5 comments:

  1. So glad the special prom went well. It looks like it was a lot of fun and enjoyed by all who participated. Yes, you did have a very busy weekend. I hope the week goes well for you. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it all went well at the Prom! They do that in our city too! I am glad you got to meet up with Tim's family. I am leaving to Texas on Tuesday morning and still fighting a sinus issue. I am praying it is gone soon. Pray for me. Thanks, and enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful experience!!!! I can imagine you are tired today, my friend! hope you have a cozy, relaxing Monday. Very cold here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whewie!! You have a lot more energy than me, Stacy!! Bless you for going back to the Prom to deal with the more independent client. I'm glad he didn't give you too much trouble. Nice to see your sister-in-law and I am glad to hear she is winding down on the chemo and will hopefully be done with it and be cancer-free soon! Have a blessed week and try to get some time just for you. xo

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...