Saturday, April 8, 2023

Sunday Stealing: I've Come to Realize...

Thanks to our hostess, Bev, for the questions. I'm playing on Saturday evening, but you can join in any time. Just click here.


1. I've come to realize that my chest-size ... doesn't matter in the least at my age.

2. I've come to realize that my job(s) ... is important and that there aren't a lot of people who would want to do it.

3. I've come to realize that when I'm driving ... I'm a bit more aggressive than I used to be. I will jump into traffic when I used to wait forever for the chance to ease in.

4. I've come to realize that I need ... more sleep than I seem to be able to get. 

5. I've come to realize that I have lost ... most of my interest in social media.

6. I've come to realize that I hate it when ... family traditions die out.

7. I've come to realize that if I'm drunk ... somebody spiked the punch. I drink some wine, but never to excess. These days I wake up feeling bad enough without having a hangover.

8. I've come to realize that money ... is power in this world, whether we like it or not.

9. I've come to realize that certain people ... will never be happy no matter what.

10. I've come to realize that I'll always ... be a bit of a nerd.

11. I've come to realize that my sibling ... will never really be a big part of my life. (They are half siblings that I only met 3 years ago.)

12. I've come to realize that my mom ... is only human and did the best she could.

13. I've come to realize that my cell phone ... is more of a pain in the you-know-what than it's anything else.

14. I've come to realize that when I woke up this morning ... I didn't need to fret as much as I did about certain things for our Easter celebration today. They were things that nobody noticed or cared about.

15. I've come to realize that last night before I went to sleep ... I should have switched pillows since I woke up with a crick in my neck and a headache.



HAPPY EASTER!!

10 comments:

  1. Loved your answers this week. I'm with you on sleep. I know I need more than I am able to get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely a nerd who needs more sleeps and hates (but needs) his damn cellphone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #5 ~ I've lost a lot of interest in "social" media as well. It can be used for good but mostly it's used as type of tyranny.
    Sleep can be evasive as we age, that's for sure. I've taken to turning off all electronics about a half an hour before bed time. Helps me a lot. I also try to keep some kind of schedule with rising and sleeping. I think our bodies crave that.
    Wishing you a happy resurrection Sunday. He is RISEN! Amen!
    Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a beautiful Happy Easter, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on Social Media. Waste of time mostly. I agree with you - your job is important and no, probably not a lot of people want to do a job like yours, so good for you for being so kind and compassionate with those who really need it. I'm also with you on the part my siblings play and will play in my life. We are basically strangers to each other, and it will probably always be that way. We were not raised together and so those sibling bonds were never developed. As for my (two) mothers - yes, I am gaining for more understanding and compassion for them as well. I enjoyed this post. Have a wonderful Easter with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never been a big fan of social media (blogs excluded) and I've stopped looking at twitter entirely. I check Facebook maybe once or twice a day but rarely post anything myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your comment about your mom is true for a lot of us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Easter, Stacy! You always answer these questions so well. I read them last night and opted out again. Blessings to you in the week ahead!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. #10. I am a fellow nerd.

    I agree with the social media point you made too. People are just obsessed these days.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Stacy, I could relate to your answers. Sleep is so important! My problem is getting to bed early enough and my bony body that hurts. I find it hard to adjust to my older two grands who are teens and don't want to do things with the younger two. I miss Bible journaling with all of them.

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...