Monday, May 15, 2023

Currently

I am...

Reading... Death, Taxes, and Sweet Potato Fries: A Tara Holloway Novel by Diane Kelly. I picked it up at a used book sale not knowing it's part of a series and pretty far into it. It stands alone, though, and I'm enjoying it so that's another series I'll be scouting for.

Listening to... the A/C running. Yep, it's that hot today.

Loving... quiet time at home after work.

Thinking... about the patriotic crafts I'm going to make here and at work out of the trunk load of stuff I just bought at Dollar Tree.

Feeling... worn out. We took some of the clients at work on an outing today...mini golf and a picnic. Taking an entire group of people who have intellectual disabilities (and some behavior issues) to play mini golf was maybe not one of my better ideas from the staff's perspective, but the clients had a great time!

Celebrating... nothing today, but the whole family did go out to Rizzo's, the area's most popular Italian restuarant, for Mother's Day. Wow, was that place crowded. They were seating people in both the original restaurant and in their event facility! The food was excellent as always. I couldn't make up my mind so I had the Italian sampler...and then had the leftovers for dinner later on. Megan and I each gave Mom a huge hanging basket and gave one to each other. Ha! Great minds think alike. We even gave each other the same color of flowers. Purple.

Grateful for... Tim is stopping on his way home to pick up Chinese take-out.

Enjoying... feeling valued and good at my job.

Weather... sunny and 77 degrees at 6 p.m.

A giggle to share...




7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the giggles!! Love the glasses one! It is so great that you feel valued at your job, Stacy!! Finally you found a place of employment that treats you as you should be and they are so lucky to have you on staff!! The clients are blessed as well!! Glad you got some Chinese food for dinner!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the funnies at the end. It is amazing that people have to be reminded or told not to eat the paper wrapper on their food. I guess there are some people out there who are just that dumb...and they aren't considered the "mentally challenged ones"...they are considered the "normal people". Scary stuff! LOL. Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day. Love the hanging basket ideas. I bet they are pretty! I am also happy for you that you enjoy your work and feel appreciated there. That is a real blessing in itself! I hope you have a happy and blessed week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last one made me laugh out loud! So glad you are loving your job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a nice laugh from the glasses and the do not eat this paper ! Yup we've come a long way lol. I am happy to hear you are valued at your job. That is a great feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stacy. It's wonderful that you feel valued at work. That is a good feeling. I love the funnies at the end. I hope your week is going well! See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great feeling to be valued at work. I get lots of feedback from my students but it's different when colleagues or administration say it. Glad it's working out so positively!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Stacy, I am glad you are valued at work. You are doing what you love and they see your big heart in action! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Saturday 9: Rocket Man

Hello! I decided to check in with you all again this week. Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it   here .   1) In this song, Elton J...