Monday, May 29, 2023

Currently

I am...

Reading... Muddled Through: A Maine Clambake Mystery by Barbara Ross 

Watching... Christmas Vacation. Yeah, I know, but it's steaming on Frndly and nothing else was appealing. 

Listening to... Daisy yapping every time Megan or the kids walk in...and they are walking in a lot as Cody started the demo on their only bathroom today to prepare it for remodeling while he's off work this week.

Loving... that the pool is ready for use and looks so nice with the new liner. The kids did convince us to get in for a bit today, but we didn't last long. The water was only 74 degrees. Brrrr!

Thinking... about tomorrow and wondering if I will get pulled from the shredding floor to cover someone I know is going to be off in ATF. I'm hoping so. My ankle has been bothering me all weekend as it is.

Also, that maybe I will be getting a 12 week break from shredding. One of my coworkers told me on Friday that she will be having back surgery on July 12 and will be off at least that long. Praying they pull me in on Tuesdays to pick up the slack.

Feeling... mellow. 

Celebrating... Memorial Day, sort of. I try to remember and give thanks for those who have fought and died to preserve our freedoms and we did have a picnic today. The picnic was not the best and I was feeling just about over family celebrations. 

Tim is not feeling well, but put pressure on himself to get the pool deck done today. It didn't have to be finished and ultimately, it didn't get finished but it is usable. But the not feeling well and telling himself he HAD to do that and being the one to do the grilling had him in a really nasty mood this morning. Then I don't know if the kids were up late or awake early, but they were soooooo whiney today. Finally, my mother, who has always been judgemental but has gotten even more so and has absolutely no filter these days managed to tick just about everyone off.

Yep, good times.

Grateful... to have the Lord Jesus Christ in my life to lean on when humans fail (and eventually we all fail someone) and the world seems out of control. It's hard to get too depressed about it when I know who wins in the end.

Enjoying... the new Cirkul peach iced tea cartridge I got. It's very good!

Weather... it was sunny off and on today and around 80 degrees. It's still 74 at 9:15. This week's forecast is dry, mostly to partly cloudy, and hot. By Friday we'll be staring 90 degrees in the eye. I'm glad the pool is ready to go!

Giggles...






Have a great week!

 

3 comments:

  1. Have a good week, Stacy! See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me laugh with the fainting goats! lol Family can sometimes be difficult. Hope you get the schedule you are hoping for. Take care and I hope your husband is feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah...Family. I hear you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...