Monday, June 19, 2023

Currently

The weather at 6:00 P.M. is a toasty 85 degrees with lots of sun. Tomorrow will be cloudy and 78 degrees with some scattered showers.

Reading Cottage at the Beach by Lee Tobin McClain. I'm not very far in so I don't have an opinion yet, but I'm not expecting much beyond a pleasant summer read. It's one of the books I picked up at all those used book sales last week.

Watching not much of anything. I haven't found anything new that appeals.

Grateful that granddaughter Leah is beginning to look and feel better after a few days of antibiotics for Lyme disease. This is what she looked like when she went to the ER Friday evening.



Loving all the cooler weather we've had so far this summer, but we still haven't been back in the pool because the water, especially after last week's rain, is FREEZING. Well, not really, but it's under 75 degrees and that is cold for pool water. The forecast is not for any particularly hot days in the next two weeks. I hope we get some hot days in July. It's crazy to not be using the pool at this point.

Still thinking about Tim's upcoming CT-scan and what it may find. He is complaining more and more about pain but refuses to consider going to the ER even this past weekend when he could barely move because of it. Why must men be so stubborn?

Feeling pretty good, but also dreading tomorrow. Tuesday is my day in manufacturing so I know I will be in pain at the end of the day and it will take my feet and ankle a day or two to bounce back.

Celebrating nothing today, but yesterday the whole family went to Jaffre's Stone Bar and Kitchen, a neighborhood restaurant, for Father's Day. They have amazing food. I had jerk chicken that was shredded and served over homemade macaroni and cheese with a maple bbq sauce and bacon. It was HUGE. I had three meals out of it. Mom, John and Tim had seafood...cod, salmon, and a seafood bowl. Our son-in-law had a macaroni and cheese burger that had mac and cheese, "drunken beans," cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and I don't know what else on it. He had to cut it up and eat it with a fork. We also enjoyed cornbread with maple butter and poutine as appetizers. Poutine was a lot better than I'd imagined.

Afterward we gathered in our daughter's yard to watch the Air Force Thunderbirds perform at the annual air show. If we're friends on Facebook you've probably already seen the video she tagged me in, but here are a couple of pics.



Enjoying the progress I've made organizing my office/library/craft room. It's been a huge disaster for months now and I kept ignoring it. All the books I bought sitting in stacks on the kitchen table turned out to be very motivating. 

Giggling at....



 








That's all, I hope you have a great week!

5 comments:

  1. Loved all the funnies at the end. So cute. But oh! Poor Leah! That looks terrible! Was it really itchy or painful or how did she feel? I hope the antibiotics kill the disease completely. Oh, that dinner on Father's Day sounds amazing! Glad you could all go out together and no one had to cook! What is "poutine" ?? Never heard of that. I guess I'd better look it up. I hope you don't suffer too much at work this week. Praying for you. Take care my friend. I hope you can get in the pool soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your "giggles" at the end...they all were great. I really loved the little cross-eyed girl! Poor little Leah...hope she is all better soon. Take care and I hope your legs and feet will do okay today at work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that last one!! Hope Tim's CT scan shows something fixable for him! Sorry to be late getting to Monday blogs. I went to bed early last night. Poor little Leah! Hope she is cleared up and that she won't have more problems from that tick bite. Prayers!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stacy. Been a very busy week so I have just now catching up on a few blogs. I hope Tim's CT scan goes well and that the doctors can do something to relieve his pain. Also glad that Leah is feeling better and that the antibiotics are working. The air show looks great. It's fun that you can watch it from your daughter's front yard. That restaurant you went to sounds delicious! I hope the rest of the week goes well for you. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did my comment go through? Sorry if this is a duplicate. I'm also sorry you've been vexed by your family's medical issues. I believe it's easier to be the patient than to watch those we love go through these things. I think it's wonderful you were all still able to enjoy the air show!

    ReplyDelete

Currently

I am... Reading: Arkangel  by James Rollins. Thrills and fast-paced action at it's finest. Rollins' tales never give you a moment t...