Friday, June 16, 2023

Saturday 9: Beautiful Boy

Saturday 9: Beautiful Boy (1980)


This song was chosen in honor of Father's Day. Hear it here.

1) Paul McCartney has said that "Beautiful Boy" is one of his favorite John Lennon solo songs. What's yours? (This link will take you to his greatest hits.)
  Watching the Wheels



2) Lennon wrote this for his son, Sean. Father and son share an October 9 birthday. Does anyone in your life share your birthday?
  My mom and I have the same birthday. We also have a cousin who shares the day.

3) John asks Sean to take his hand before they cross the street. Name another song that references holding hands.
  I Want to Hold Your Hand by The Beatles, Hold My Hand by Hootie and the Blowfish

4) Today Sean Lennon is in his late 40s. He lives in Greenwich Village, creating art and music from his elaborate home-based music and film studio. Are you into the latest in electronics?  You're funny.

5) In Thailand, Father's Day is observed on the birthday of the current King. Are you celebrating any birthdays this month?  My twin aunts birthday was the 9th and two of our nephews (brothers, but NOT twins) share a birthday on the 10th. My aunt's birthday was the 18th, but she's been gone 9 years.

6) Crazy Sam vividly remembers her long-ago high school days when her father gave her driving lessons. Do you consider yourself a good driver?
  Yes. I had to be. I drove a school bus for 16 years.

7) Sam's dad is a stickler about car maintenance and reminds Sam to change her air filter regularly so her a/c and heater can run efficiently. Share a car maintenance tip.
  Check the fluids and filters regularly.

 
8) When he fills up the car, Sam's father also stocks up on his favorite candy: Life Savers. He always has a bag in the glove compartment. What's something you don't leave home without?  My phone, my keys, and my wallet (usually in my purse).

9) Random Question: How long can you go without checking your phone? Hmmm...I went all day yesterday without it (because I forgot it at home when I went to work) so at least that long. It was rough. So probably not much beyond that.

6 comments:

  1. I love "Watching the Wheels," too! Sometimes I just need to spend a day by myself, just reading and walking and rewatching my favorite movies. It's how I recharge and keep myself grounded. I remind myself I'm not wasting the day, I'm just watching the wheels go round and round. As John says, sometimes you just "have to let it go."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great Lennon song! He was always my favorite Beatle and solo (until Yoko). You were born on your mom's birthday!! That's pretty awesome! Happy weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have left my phone at work so many times. It is actually so peaceful. I am not sure I would feel the same way at work. I am always worried I will miss a call or text from Josh. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must be very patient to drive a bus! I Want to Hold You Hand brought back memories. I think I was in 4th or 5th grade. Time sure has flown by. My 50 year class reunion is in August. That is nice that you share a birthday with your mom. You are blessed to still have her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a very popular birthdate in your family! Sweet. And I remember that long stint as a school bus driver. That is not an easy driving job. The Patience you must have!
    I don't have much patience with my cell phone. But I've gotten most junk callers banned, and it's ok now.

    ReplyDelete

Currently

It's 10:00 on Sunday evening. The weekend has come to an end. It was a lovely fall weekend. Perfect, actually. I'm enjoying the last...