Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Currently

I am...

...sitting in my recliner with my feet up. Tuesdays are long days for me and my aching feet. It feels good to sit here after rubbing a generous amount of Voltaren on them.

...waiting for Tim to get home. He's picking up something for supper so I don't have to heat up the oven on a hot, humid day or stand on my feet to do it.

...reading Buried in Bargains by Josie Belle. From the back cover, "Maggie Gerber and those discount divas, the Good Buy Girls, are gearing up for their first big holiday thrift shop sale. But one of the Girls--Joanne Claramotta, pregnant with her first child--is acting less than festive. It could be hormones. Or it could be Diane Jenkins, the young knockout her husband, Michael, hired as his new deli assistant.

Calming Joanne's nerves proves impossible when Maggie finds Michael unconscious on his deli floor--and Diane next to him, strangled to death with her apron strings. Then Maggie discovers something even more puzzling.

There's no record of Diane having been hired. In fact, she has no history at all. It's as if she never even existed. Now Maggie fears that unwrapping Michael's secrets could really kill her holiday spirit."

...watching nothing. Any suggestions?

...listening to the constant drone of the A/C.

...loving Blue Bunny's mini, chocolate-dipped ice cream cones. Just enough to satisfy a craving without doing too much damage.

...thinking about the upcoming family reunion with my biological father's family the first weekend in August. I spent a few hours messaging with one of my brothers over the weekend. I'm feeling less nervous about going and a lot more excited. There is to be an informal gathering of cousins in my generation on Friday and then the "official" reunion on Saturday. 

I've put in to have that Friday off, but I don't know if I will get it. We are very short handed at work right now. My boss said she'd be happy to give it to me even though I don't have PTO time until November. It just depends on if she has enough staff for that day. Please pray that there is.

We've reserved our hotel rooms (our daughter and her family are going, too...though the kids will go with us on Friday and our daughter and her husband will follow Saturday morning) since Erie is a booming summer city with Presque Isle State Park there. I've heard it's second in visitors only to Yellowstone!

...feeling content and happy.

...celebrating getting a new washing machine. Yeah, I'm officially so old that appliances excite me. Ha. We really didn't want to get a new machine. We just bought the old one in 2020. We'll consider it a(n) (expensive) lesson learned. 

Back in 2020 we HAD to have a new washer, but due to people going crazy buying stuff and the problems with supply, we had to take what was available. At the time, that was a higher end Samsung. I've been happy with it until recently when any load bigger than two socks and a t-shirt throw it off balance. I would have preferred to have it repaired, but here's why I didn't and why I won't buy another Samsung appliance ever again.

Samsung does not allow anyone but their certified technicians to repair their appliances. We, apparently, do not have any of those near us. Why can't someone else work on it? How would Samsung know? Well, it will not happen because Samsung won't release their parts to anyone but their technicians. 

So, I had a bit more choice this time (although stock seems to be down again) and I picked out a plain old Maytag. It's only "exotic" feature is that it's one of the new models with the removable agitator. 

...grateful to our daughter for mowing our grass today.

...enjoying my grandkids, of course.



...the weather is tolerable today at 85 degrees and sunny. We're looking at close to 90 tomorrow, then it's going to cool down a few degrees and bring in a few thunderstorms. 

...giggling at these.





100% Accurate
















No more complaining about Walmart's self-service.
































I hope you're all having a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Still giggling at all the fun memes, Stacy! When I had to have the board replaced in my fridge, the repairman told me to always stick with GE, Maytag, or Frigidaire for appliances. He said Samsung and LG make TVs. Prayers lifted about getting your reunion Friday off!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved all the funnies at the end. That was great!!! Glad you had the evening off from cooking last night. That's always a plus, even to those of us who don't work outside of the home! LOL. I hope you can go to the reunion as planned. It sounds like it will be a wonderful time for you all. That book you are reading sounds interesting...I'm typing fast because we are having a thunderstorm and the lightning has been bad...so I keep waiting for my computer to go off. LOL. We actually had hail a few minutes ago, but the storm seems to be moving away from us now. I hope so. It was a doozy! Take care and try to stay cool, calm and collected! Loved the picture of the ladies in their nightgowns. That was a good one. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

The weather is 70 degrees at 8:54 p.m. and the threat of thunderstorms hangs over us. This week is not as hot as last week, but even cooler ...