Thursday, July 6, 2023

Thankful Thursday

Today I am feeling thankful for...

** Air conditioning. When I came out of work today my car's thermostat said it was 95 degrees. The humidity was not far behind. Summer has finally arrived.

** Our swimming pool. With the current heat and humidity the pool water finally warmed up to a balmy, but still refreshing, 85 degrees. I spent the late afternoon and early evening splashing around with our daughter and grandchildren. Those kids have turned into little guppies, taking after their momma. We still have life vests on them since the water is 4.5 feet deep, but they are swimming all around, jumping in from the steps, going under water, and trying to dunk each other.

** One of my bosses. I asked her today if it would be possible for me to take the day off on August 5 even though I won't have a year in and, therefore, no PTO time. She said she has no problem giving me time off because I don't call off all the time like some do and if I do, it's because I'm really sick. Also, I am there early every day and am willing to stay a little later if they need me to help get clients loaded on the vans to go home. As long as she is able to cover me, I can have the day. It's nice to know she has noticed my dedication and appreciates it.

(Just in case, I told her the story of meeting my dad only 3 years ago and that I'd like to have the 5th off to go to his family reunion for the first time. Tug the old emotions, don't you know!)

** Orthopedic shoes, insoles, ankle braces, Voltaren, and ibuprofen. These are the things that get me through the day. On top of my usual issues with arthritis, I twisted my right knee last Friday while dealing with a client. I didn't think much of it, but it is still giving me trouble and as of yesterday, my other knee is acting up. I'm figuring that I was probably walking oddly and that put a strain on the other knee. 


** Independence Day. Seriously. It's a good day to remember just why this is one of the greatest countries on the planet...and all those who sacrificed to keep it that way.

** Summer. Ice cream cones, lightning bugs, watermelon, blockbuster movies, parades, picnics, fireworks, carnivals and fairs, swimming, and all the rest that goes with summer.

** Faith, my family and friends, and all of you!

4 comments:

  1. Hello! What a happy post to end my day. I am so happy you have that wonderful pool to cool off during this heat! Enjoy your summer, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have many things to be thankful for...thanks for sharing them with us. Hope you have tons of fun at the reunion with your dad's family. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful for you, Stacy! Glad you are getting your day off in August and I look forward to hearing about the reunion!! Nice that y'all are having fun in the pool!! I am also glad you found the job you have and that it is so rewarding for you. Blessed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stacy! I am playing catch-up on blogs after being out of town. So glad you are going to your family reunion. It's good that you have an understanding boss. I have arthritis knees too. Not fun. I hope you are having a good weekend. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Stealing

Today's questions come from Swap-bot. You can join in the fun here . 1. What inspires you most?   My faith, my grandchildren and the int...